What chain for my MS361?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rassmo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just purchased a used MS361 on Ebay and want to get a couple extra chains. The 20" bar that is on the saw has most of the paint off and I can't read the chain info. Can someone give me some info on what chain I need. I know I want the non-safety chain. I know I could go down to the dealer and get a replacement but chains are a lot cheaper on Ebay. How about the Forester brand bar and chain? Are they a good quality product? Thanks for any help guys!

MS361 is such an awesome saw...it don't need no stinkin' chain to cut wood.:monkey:

But, seriously, what blsnelling said:)

I just purchased a used MS361 on Ebay and want to get a couple extra chains. The 20" bar that is on the saw has most of the paint off and I can't read the chain info. Can someone give me some info on what chain I need. I know I want the non-safety chain. I know I could go down to the dealer and get a replacement but chains are a lot cheaper on Ebay. How about the Forester brand bar and chain? Are they a good quality product? Thanks for any help guys!

Stihl 33RSC 72DL.

33 RSC, Pitch 3/8", Gauge 0.050, Links 72 Keep em sharp an it will cut like a dream.

Thanks guys. What size round file will I need to sharpen this chain?

i would drop the 20" bar , and go with the 16"..... same chain "33RSC" 60 drive links.....thats what i run on mine ... if your cutting wood bigger than 16" on a regular basis, i'd go up a saw,,, 440,441,460...JMHO

the file is 5.2 or 5.3 mm ( i forget)

Stihl chain is swell allright, but if you are looking to buy online, check out the woodsman pro on sale at Baileys for $11, if your bar is .50.

Back