What chain is this ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rspike

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Bought 5 new STIHL RS full-chisel chains on the 8th and finally got them on the 20th in a plastic bag and this is what showed up ............

This doesnt look like any Stihl RS full-chisel chain that i have seen before , looks like a safty odd brand ........tell me if i got bent over on this sale .

Last edited:
Bought 5 new STIHL RS full-chisel chains on the 8th and finally got them on the 20th in a plastic bag and this is what showed up ............

This doesnt look like any Stihl RS full-chisel chain that i have seen before , looks like a safty odd brand ........tell me if i got bent over on this sale .

No no on the drive links, No Stihl stamped on the cutters,
You got bent over IMO

looks alot like carlton chain, or oregon lp and actually its not a safety chain just a low vibration chain

Have you contacted the seller in a very nice way yet? Told him what you got isn't what you ordered? Let him know that it's not in box and also not stihl chain. Since stihl chain has marked links. See if he can't fix it the easy way before going the mean way :mad:

Have you contacted the seller in a very nice way yet? Told him what you got isn't what you ordered? Let him know that it's not in box and also not stihl chain. Since stihl chain has marked links. See if he can't fix it the easy way before going the mean way :mad:

Good advise MM , I had to contact this seller with 6 emails and called his listed phone 1/2 a doz time with no reply and about the 20th i get a phone call telling me that had to go out of town , bla ..bla ..bla .....all the wile still listing auctions , replying to feedback and still shipping out orders as per there feedback as auctions were won wile there were gone .

I've been nothing but nice and get no replys from them ......... ya almost cant trust anybody on ebay anymore. :cry:

I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck with this seller. I would still probably say leave a message on his phone showing your distaste with the product you received and let him know you're giving him an opportunity to make things right. See where you get from that. If nothing comes from this then file with ebay and pursue reimbursement.

For what it is worth, RS is pretty much gone and officially replaced with RSC, same chain with the low vibe comfort feature.

attachment.php

All Stihl chain will have the word STIHL on each cutter, wear marks laser etched on each cutter, the comfort chain will have a C on it, and directional arrows on the tie straps. The pitch will be on the depth gauge, and the cutter is chromed while the lower portion is blued.

RSC3 is the reduced kickback version with a hump on the drive link.

attachment.php

It looks like some sort of Carlton safety chain to me. It doesn't have Stihl or Oregon stamped on it either...

Back