What chain is this ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you try...?

I bought a (used) McCulloch saw, paid through PayPal and never received the saw. I made a claim through PayPal a few days before the deadline (about 60 days from the end of the auction) and within a day or two got a message from PayPal I had been refunded the purchase price. One of the claims you can make is for product that is not as advertised, you should be able to get a settlement if you work it through eBay/PayPal.

Mark

Looks like a POOR copy of Oregon.

If it were either Oregon, Carlton, or Stihl the drive tangs would be marked with SOMETHING to designate guage.

Sounds rather shady. Good Luck!!

Yep, looks like Sabre to me also.

I have a loop of 3/8 semi chisel on my mac 800.

It cuts Ok for what it is, but man it sure seems soft to me. It Does not hold an edge well IMO

I just bought a few loops from Baileys to replace it with.

Kinda looks like RMC3 but should have "STIHL" stamped on it.

Looks like they are chisel, so more like RSC3 - but then NOT.

Carlton has a pretty similar chain as well I believe - but then again NOT.

...and surely not Oregon, the ramps and rakers are much smaller on those.

Smells SCAM a long way.........:censored:

Bought 5 new STIHL RS full-chisel chains on the 8th and finally got them on the 20th in a plastic bag .

Most likely in a plastic bag so he can save the Stihl boxes for the pictures in future auctions.

If the seller will not work it out, screw the Ebay and Paypal BS and go right to your credit card and reverse the payment. If you complain to Ebay they will do absolutely nothing, and doubtful if you even get a response. Remember when you email Ebay it is answered by some 2 cent / hour worker in a grass hut overseas who can barely understand English.

I learned the hard way with Ebay. I sent a detailed complaint for an auction where I never received the item. I received an boiler plate email suggesting that I change my password and instructions on how to do such. Nothing relevant at all.

Paypal might do something but there so called "investigation" could take up to 45 days. Why bother taking a chance with them? Go directly to the credit card and be done with it.

So.. you have the wrong chain.. but... maybe, just maybe, the selller IS out of town and his wife did ship the wrong stuff... crap sometime happens.

Communicate througth ebay mail your concern and ask for a full refund and/or correct chains.

If he does not respond within a short but reanonable time, file your compliant with ebay/paypal/creditcard etc..

So.. you have the wrong chain.. but... maybe, just maybe, the selller IS out of town and his wife did ship the wrong stuff... crap sometime happens.

Communicate througth ebay mail your concern and ask for a full refund and/or correct chains.

If he does not respond within a short but reanonable time, file your compliant with ebay/paypal/creditcard etc..

I agree with Andy. Don't assume too much until you have spoken with the seller. If it was an honest mistake, then he will be man enough to rectify it. If he was scamming you, then send him a link to this website, specifically to this thread, and tell him that most of his potential business just went out the window...

A lot of people on this site buy new and used chainsaw parts... and that's what he sells...

Last edited:

I have purchased saws and parts from Schnoodle 300 and found them to be honest sellers and good to work with,always got what I paid for and they worked with me to find the best way to ship stuff to me. Just my opinion and experiences. Pioneerguy600

Back