What chainsaws do you have (or, why are you here?)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple years ago I was tooling about the net looking for sites about woodheat. The Firewood section of this site was my gateway drug - and you all here provide me with my daily fix. :)

385XP MM, MS270 MM, MS180C

I am here to learn and contribute knowledge, as well as entertainment purposes.

O41,O28,O25, Husky 55, 51,36.Why am I here? I am like most others and would like to contribute some knowledge and possibly learn something about others and their experiences with saws.This could be a lack of confidence on my part however, I feel that I am not alone.
I am more than happy to share my experiences with like minded others.Sort of like "Birds of A Feather Flock Together".Ken

I have an Stihl 038 and a little Stihl 017.

I look on here to learn more about a range of subjects but mostly look in the milling section as I plan on making a milling setup.

Its also quite interesting to see the world across the pond from the perspective of the people there, some I agree with and some I don't which is pretty much like over here.

394xp

Ok, now that we're on topic, why do you post here?

I have a bit of a different take and I don't post nearly as much as I lurk. I stumbled onto the site when I was looking for a decent saw. I saw (pardon the pun) that there were a lot of colorful characters here but more importantly (and I'm not quite sure if I have the right words for this) I thought "here are the kind of people that make America work" I am so sick and disgusted with what's happening in the country today and the kind of people both causing and letting it happen I could puke and the people here were refreshing to listen to - their words, attitudes, and oft times their comic relief. I got the information I was looking for and I just kept hanging around. Lest y'all get the bighead I am in a similar situation with a forum dedicated to pipefitting and boiler making where the people were much the same (plus my dad was a steam fittter and I was always interestd in what he did).

While I like to maintain my own stuff and strive to understand all I can about a given subject I can't really characterize myself as a chainsaw nut and certainly not as a boiler nut if there be such a thing but I like listening to those who do.

That's why I'm here.

Saws... yep see sig.

Im here because i was trying to find out how to sort a hot start problem on a strimmer.

Then all i had was the 451e and thought it was the dogs danglers!

ms180,026,046,2x super xl`s.

Why am i here? Cant discus saws with mates, they dont run saws. The only one who does is a farmer. Hes done the courses, so i learnt a fair bit from him. However, he has no real interest. Its a tool, like his tractor, or his fork lift loader. If its broke it gets dropped off at the dealer.

I wanted more. Work is dull, but getting out cutting and using saws on my days off is great. Its a learning experience and the wealth of knowledge found on here is a valuable resource for a newb like me.

saws? s*** I was looking fore boobies, d*** I am lost again.

Last edited:
Me, I think.

You crack me up, Hoss. You got all the SERIOUS iron listed there, and then the Homelite EZ, and Poulan S25?????? How did they make the list with all of the heavy hitters?

Well....sometimes the bouncer falls asleep at the door to the shop. I had to dock him a days pay for each of those little ones. Also I forgot about the Wright C70, Super Whiz 80 Homie and mini mac6.

Well, its like this, beer women and cars have been a problem for me for most of my life. Now I'm old. The women that will let me catch em I don't want, the race car sucks a gallon of 7$ gas in about 6 sec and my 401 is in the crapper. I guess you could say I just needed a more affordable hobby.

394xp

Ok, now that we're on topic, why do you post here?

I first came here to learn, and I continue to learn something new every time I come. (Sometimes I am surprised at how much I have learned, and some times at how much more there is to know)

I like the people here. I guess The biggest thing I have learned is to shut up and listen, and to work safe) So far so good. No new scars, and I'm still alive.

I see new people asking the same questions I asked a couple of years ago. If I know I will put in my two cents worth. If not I don't try to BS any one.
there are no dumb questions no matter what any one says. IF you don't ask you may never learn. The folks here have a lot of knowledge and are patient
enough to answer the same questions over and over. Hats off to you guys.

Keep up the good work.:cheers:

I think I was referred here by the hearth forum. I wanted to start some modding and there was a lack of knowledge on the subject over there. Now, I'm hooked. In the last month or so, I went from a 2 saw plan to 5... definately an addiction. I used to build fast cars, bikes... just ended up donating a lot of money to my local municipalities. Hotrodding chainsaws shouldn't affect my insurance rates quite so much.

im alittle late but ohwell.

028super,026, 260, 034super, 359 husky, 044 10mm, 044 10mm, ms 440, 372xp, pioner mod 11

im hear because well this is pretty much the only hobby i can afford, i did the dirt bike motcross raceing thing. got all busted up, leg arm collar bone couple times concussions. lots of stitches.
then i met my wife we have 2 kids, i help my dad run a small excavation buisness so i dont have much to or money for my other hobbies.

so im here cad is getting worse and im slowly building a usuable firewood fleet pretty much from the ground up from busted saws

stihls: 023, 028avwb, 029super, 031av, 032ave, 034aveq, 041av, 041avfb(2),064, 066, 066bb

others, mac150, sears u4g, lombard 40, homelite super2 (2), johndeere 80ev, johndeere 19, craftsman 3.7, craftsman 2.3, poulan 42cc wildthing, poulan 3300

Latest posts

Back