What chainsaws do you have (or, why are you here?)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Saws

Hopefully I have used the site correctly and my saws will show below.While I am trying to type, I am a nubie and am curious about some of the abbreviations,like PM,CAD,LOL and so on.Sorry about being so dumb but computers have not been my thing.

Hopefully I have used the site correctly and my saws will show below.While I am trying to type, I am a nubie and am curious about some of the abbreviations,like PM,CAD,LOL and so on.Sorry about being so dumb but computers have not been my thing.

Well, pull up a chair, Ray. You're fixin'ta (southern for "about to") get hooked on this computer thing. I was confused a few years back also.

PM is a private message. You can read it, but nobody other than the sender can see it. There is a little blue box at the top on the right that says Welcome, rheima.. Underneath that you'll see a little underlined spot that says Private Messages:. If you click on that, you'll be able to see your messages. They will also pop up when you sign on, if anyone has sent you a new one.

LOL means Laugh Out Loud. You use that to indicate that something is funny, since we cannot do emotion through the keyboard very well.

CAD is Chainsaw Acquisition Disease. Kind of a joke, but you already have it.

GTG is Get ToGether. Mark has been to a few. guys getting together with their hardware, talking shop, and cutting some wood.

MM usually means Muffler Modification. That is predominantly for newer saws, in order to increase the performance.

Troll (not sawtroll) is a term used to describe someone who comes on here looking to stir up controversy. If you look up posts made by user "spacemule" you'll find quite a bit of troll business..... I think it came from the fishing term of trolling.

Last edited:
I only have on saw.

i was at stihl dealer today and jokingly said id trade them 5 saws for the 880 they had on the shelf they bit so i got rid of my 440 372 066 034 026 straight across with a 42" bar. so now only have one running saw.

i also have a 359 project saw a 045/56 project saw and grandpas pioner modle 11.

i like to #### here and down beer after beer untill the computer screen gets fuzzy and my kneck gets tingly from the vicodin

I only have on saw.

i was at stihl dealer today and jokingly said id trade them 5 saws for the 880 they had on the shelf they bit so i got rid of my 440 372 066 034 026 straight across with a 42" bar. so now only have one running saw.

i also have a 359 project saw a 045/56 project saw and grandpas pioner modle 11.

i like to #### here and down beer after beer untill the computer screen gets fuzzy and my kneck gets tingly from the vicodin

Yeah, but that is a heck of a one saw.:rock:

I only have on saw.

Man I can't belive you got rid of the 440 and 066 you had looking so good!

One of each, ok two of some, but only three of a couple...Least until someone comes along and offers me what I think they are worth, and then I go find others to fix up.

There are a few holes in my Stihl collection, but I'll fill those in one day.

As for the why am I here part. Gaining far more knowledge than when I first arrived.

I only have on saw.

Now isn`t that a coincidence, I too came across a good deal on an 088 on the weekend, pulled the trigger and sent the payment for it today. This makes three 088`s that were found and purchased today.
Pioneerguy600

the only bad thing is i gota get my 359 going and quick because the 880 isnt the most user freindle for most firewood cutting. but i have been thinking about building a alaska mill kinda set up and the 800 is the perfect saw for that

084dawg1.jpg

today1.jpg

Dang again!?! I completely forgot about the Echo's: 802, 900, 1001, 100. That's four saws over 80cc's that I forgot. I think I have a problem.

Why am I here?

I can not believe how many of your stories match mine! Going to the woods on the weekend to cut and split firewood by hand and not liking it but having to because the wood was our main source of heat.Now I do it because I want to--even look forward to gathering firewood. Well---the tools are a little better now with hydraulic splitters, fast dependable saws, grapple buckets for the skid loaders,dump box trailers and modern chain design. Keep the info and stories coming cuz I really like this site.

i found this site while trying to repair my bike and reed whacker.
bikes2015.jpg

bikes2079.jpg

now i have over 25 chainsaws, and i'm gonna need alotta help fixen them.lol..
i keep coming back because the info is priceless and i usually end up hanging out with addicts of some sort.

echo 750evl
mcculloch 1-76, 250, timber bear, 310, maccat, beavers,
stihl 038 avs, 038 avs on the operating table
homelite c5 parts saw, zip b
sears gear drive
wright gs-2016
pioneer p38
and a few others
love this site:rock:

well i got an stihl 041 farmboss and a 441 stihl,a poulan 42cc,a poulan 2150,well i ahd a 021 stihl but i'm parting that one out on e-bay. but tomarrow i'm goin to go check on some more saws. and they might be good ones and they might be just parts i'll never know untill i go and check them :laugh: .

Latest posts

Back