What chainsaws do you have (or, why are you here?)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Using my saws to turn trees into heat gives me something that I have not been able to find anywhere else. I am almost 34 and taking blood pressure pills. I find more satisfaction felling a tree, splitting, loading, hauling, unloading, hauling in the house, loading the stove, than anything I have built or worked on. Wood cutting is my stress relief and it is cost negative (depending on CAD at the time).:monkey:

I post here because you guys can understand what I feel. I have learned a lot about maintaining my saws, value of said saws, etc. I have also learned much about identifying wood and general heating value and drying time. This is a great place for information.:greenchainsaw:

I just felt like posting again in the rocket donkey CYA thread.:clap::givebeer::cheers:

Mr. HE:cool:

Cool beans. If you got something out of them that makes it worthwhile, another reason for me to keep telling them, thanks man,:clap::clap:

I get the same thing out of every story you tell. I read 'em and then think to myself "Man those Virginians are full of manure." :cheers:

Pair o' Dolmars (both bought since I joined AS) 7300 and 5100
A brace of Stihls 170 and 290
An old Olympik 271 to remind me of "the good old days"
A CS280E Echo top handle for dropping from high places.

A couple of fixer uppers (Homelite Super2 and 261 Olympik) to give me an excuse to ask stupid questions here.

But mostly I post here because I need to know what kind of oil to use....WHERE ARE YOU GARY :greenchainsaw:

Only one muffler mod, and no ported saws. I guess you guys haven't rubbed off enough. The guys over in Firewood on the other hand...

husky 394xpw
husky 480
husky 2100- need parts
husky 136
husky 35
stihl 038 super pro
stihl 041av
stihl 028- sold
stihl 009- rebuilding
jonsered 630
pioneer p41
poulan wildthing- muffler mod
john deere 81- need parts
craftsman 40cc
craftsman top handle 30cc x2

learn more about saws how to mod saws/ rebuild saws
p.s. im only 17

394xp

Ok, now that we're on topic, why do you post here?
Wow, I think you're being honest and I'm impressed if you have a 394xp. Do you use that for firewood cutting?

You didn't answer why you're here, finish up space!

I see most folks are answering in the same vein that you typically answer it, which I guess would be expected, heh? :dizzy:

Since I think you were being honest, and since I was the one that was asking you if you had any saws and why you hang around here, I'll be honest with you.

I have:

Husky 336
Husky 350
Husky 359
Stihl 041 Super (not running)

The reason I come around here is that I want to learn and share information about chainsaws. I'm building a log home and the chainsaw is one of the main tools used.

chainsaw? heck i was looking for pics of naked girls..... no wonder i am having trouble :jawdrop::cheers:

I got hired as a Stihl tech,now I'm supposed to fix all these saws WTF! you guys better help me or I'm screwed!!!

I have no chainsaws but collect old magnesium, and I am here because I like Elvis, tales about the PNW, the american way of life in general, redneck humor, funny pictures, and sometimes people will teach me something about two stroke engines. We could use some more of the last topic lately.

Because I'm socially challenged.

+1. I'm here because I realized that this spring and summer I was relentlessly scrounging. So much so that I laid down the big bucks (for me) for a 390.
I typed "firewood forums" into google to see if other weirdos were into firewood too. So here I am, audibly farting up a sawdust storm.:spam:

I came here to learn about the saws I have and now I'm looking around every corner for another project to buy. I've learned that you can survive on ramen noodles and put the money to good use like another saw! Thanks guys (I think) :)

I grew up on wood heat. I always hated having to do the cutting, splitting and hauling of the wood. Now that I have to pay my own bills, I can see what my parents saw regarding wood heat.

I started using an old Homelite of my dad's when I was big enough to pick it up. Once I got older, dad bought me a used Mac with a 16" bar. He bought himself a Stihl 031. Guess which one I wanted to use.

Now he runs a Jonsered 2141. I needed a bigger saw than he had so I bought a Dolmar 5100s. AS pointed me in that direction as I had never really been aware of Dolmar growing up. We have a dealer here in town so service is not a problem.

I love catching up on the discussions on this site, even if I still mainly lurk. It's a relaxing way to spend my spare time (both the site, and using my saw!)

I have the saws in my sig. I found this place looking for information on chainsaws and firewood preferences. I heat my house with 80% wood heat. so it was very relevant.

All saws are in my sig too, i love wood heat, reminds me of easier times when i was growing up. I too hated to cut/split wood but now that i grew up a little, i can't seem to spend enough time outdoors.

I post here because peoples' opinions on this site help me make my choices.

i'll play

394xp

Ok, now that we're on topic, why do you post here?

echo cs346, ported
echo cs440, ported
makita 6401, h/d rental (x2)
dolmar 7900

i post here mostly out of boredom while just hanging around here (AS).
i hang around here to learn all that i can about saws, and sometimes, people.

Back