What did you do on Your Fourth?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grandpatractor

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well this was actually the third and fourth. I started on this tree yesterday after noon, and finished it up today. It was a big cottonwood and it measured 6 1/2 feet at the stump. I ended up calling HeavyFuel in for backup with his 42 inch bar. My 34 inch wouldn't have made it.
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y3KosArFe3U?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y3KosArFe3U?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

The final cut.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-j6HSmXzX1o?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-j6HSmXzX1o?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

I can't see the pics big dawg.

Just black screens.

My fourth was'nt much to brag about. Had to brush hawg about 15 acres of barn yard. Kinda fun though when you get into those barnyard thistles that are close to 10ft tall. :rock:

Thats about it for me though. Sounds like your day was a little more fun. :msp_thumbup:

Wow! I guess you had your hands full there! Are you cutting it into firewood? So many guys here wouldn't even think of burning it. I have no idea how many cords would come from that tree.

Bob

We cut up the entire thing Except three big chuncks off the bottom and about 4 other 2-3 foot diameter logs, We'll use them for cutting cookies at the next GTG. Some other guy wanted the wood for burning. He can have it. Too much work.
Here is a link to the vids.

YouTube - ‪New GTG log‬&rlm;

YouTube - ‪Grantsburg golf course big tree‬&rlm;

good helper there clearing the saw out from your path on the stepback route. You would have tripped stepping back as the round dropped and the rootball set back in.

good helper there clearing the saw out from your path on the stepback route. You would have tripped stepping back as the round dropped and the rootball set back in.

That was probably his saw and didnt want it stepped on or crushed:msp_biggrin:

just got back from the fireworks display down by the river with my two boys.
a sea of humanity opened up when it was over. amazing how many folks go each year.
always takes an hour+ getting out of there.

as always .. what an dazzling display!!!!
happy 4th!!!!

I drank beer and got a hell of a nasty sunburn!

That looks like it would have been fun to cut. Was that Heavy fuels 064 that almost met its maker?

Last edited:
I drank beer and got a hell of a nasty sunburn!

That looks like it would have been fun to cut. Was that Heavy fuels 064 that almost met its maker?

No, it was the 066 with a BB kit. Sorry about the shaky camera work, I had just got done making the top cut and hadn't had a cold beer all day.:cool2:

Well, lets see, mdavlee and I had a mini gtg Friday. We put up 12 vids in a thread y'all can see if ya like. Saturday, just hung loose and relaxed while the wife,my sister and all the kids went shopping. And Sunday we all had a cook out. A very fun 4th weekend.

No, it was the 066 with a BB kit. Sorry about the shaky camera work, I had just got done making the top cut and hadn't had a cold beer all day.:cool2:

WTF a Mudduck out drinks a Cheesehead on the fourth. Whats this world coming too????? BTW I dont think I would borrow JD anymore saws:msp_tongue:

Had family over, most of them drank Budweiser all day... :biggrinbounce2: One of my cousins, dang, she must've drank at least ten cans...

Showed my Pro Mac 850 to the guys... they all loved it. Working on getting them inflicted with yellow fever... so they will at least bring some saws to me... hehe... my own minions of Macs... :D

Taught my younger cousin how to shoot with a .22, sent him home with a pellet gun and some bb's and pellets. Hopefully he will become a great shot, a good driver, not put holes in anyone's minivan, and become a good man as he grows up.

Got the pool ready for swimming, modded my BIL's string trimmer (Echo 230), cleaned up a bunch in the shop, ran the dozer for a few hours, lit a bonfire to cook cedar plank salmon and cooked it a few hours later. I also got all the sprinklers ready for the summer weather, worked on a few trucks, split some firewood, went swimming and lit a bunch of fireworks. Probably more, but I'm forgetting.:laugh:

Mr. HE:cool:

I used the little 141 to "buck" some pecan for the smoker.

18 hours later, we had pulled pork for the 4th.

Back