What do you burn your wood in?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimdad07

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What does everybody here burn their wood in? I have a twenty year old Lopi woodstove that sees 18 face cord a year. Stove is in great shape and my furnace does not run all winter. The stove came from the house I grew up in. We put it in when I was eight years old, real cool to have it in the house I built.

Heritage stove here. We burn 4-6 cords of wood. When I built the house, we put an air intake above the wood burning stove. If I need heat to the back corner of the house, I just turn on the furnace fan for a few minutes, and presto, it's heated.

The stove came from the house I grew up in. We put it in when I was eight years old, real cool to have it in the house I built.

That is cool. Nice to have some continuity of tradition in the family. Tell the story to your children so they learn to appreciate it. :cheers:

I've got an old Fisher Grandpa Bear. Just tried top down burning in it last night, and I'm right at 12 hours and still PLENTY of coals. I can probably go another hour or two before I need to add wood. And last night's load was mostly ash and maple, with a few chunks of oak here and there. :clap:

Love that Jotul, Dan! One of these days, I hope to build a house for my family, and I see one of those starring in a family room setting. :cheers:

We heat with this old beauty:) Its a Glenwood Stoves model 850, made by Penn Manufacturing Co. Don't know how old it is, can't find anything on the web about em. About 10 years ago I stoped using it, was concerned about the old unlined brick chimney. This spring, put in a 8" SS flex liner, and decided to use it again. Had to replace the damper motor, but she still does an excellent job heating the place. Kinda nice to have the propane furnace sitting there idle..:clap:

100_0114-1.jpg

100_0112-1.jpg

Gregg,

1. Jotul Oslo (house)

2. VC Encore cat (house)

3. Tempwood (shop)

4. Snorkel (hot tub)

1. Jotul Oslo (house)

2. VC Encore cat (house)

3. Tempwood (shop)

4. Snorkel (hot tub)

Do you have some posts on youtube showing you cutting with a Dolmar? If so, your videos are part of the reason I am buying one. Good videos!

That is cool. Nice to have some continuity of tradition in the family. Tell the story to your children so they learn to appreciate it. :cheers:

I've got an old Fisher Grandpa Bear. Just tried top down burning in it last night, and I'm right at 12 hours and still PLENTY of coals. I can probably go another hour or two before I need to add wood. And last night's load was mostly ash and maple, with a few chunks of oak here and there. :clap:

Love that Jotul, Dan! One of these days, I hope to build a house for my family, and I see one of those starring in a family room setting. :cheers:

Those old Fishers are top of the line, something about them that makes it feel like home. Same with the old Timberlines.

What does everybody here burn their wood in? I have a twenty year old Lopi woodstove that sees 18 face cord a year. Stove is in great shape and my furnace does not run all winter. The stove came from the house I grew up in. We put it in when I was eight years old, real cool to have it in the house I built.

I've posted this a couple of times before ... but since you asked:

Vermont Castings ENCORE - GOOD STOVE!!!

Here's mine ... in service 14+ years:
picture.php

I burn my wood in a State with a Communist mentality and an overly oppressive taxation policy.:(

give it another 3 years and they will all be like that
i use a Englander 28-3500 forced wood furnace
and a englander NC13 stove in the shop

Last edited:
OWB - Central Boiler CL5036

Central Boiler CL5036 and loving every minute of the excuse it gives me to do some serious logging work to keep it fed.

Latest posts

Back