What do you do when you get in from work?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you do whan you get in from work? (multi choice)

• Drink beer

Votes: 31 34.8%
  • Drink wine

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Drink a cocktail

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Smoke something

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Soak in hot tub

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Watch TV

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Eat something

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • Work on the saws

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • Log on to AS

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Pass out

Votes: 10 11.2%

• Total voters
There's a difference between work and home????

Beer, but not before 5pm.... unless someone comes over and wants to start early..

Spell "Hot Tub"

Oh yeahh, the romance of the Hot Tub.
You Silly Philistines who didn't check it off, then call it "gay" ( like the kid in class farting, then shouting "Who Farted" ??), who are not in concert with the bliss and romance of hot water. Before work, after work, who gives a :hmm3grin2orange: .
And boys and girls, ours is --ta taaaa-- righteously wood fired.
How many have a Snorkel fired hot tub ? Oh the production of :heart: :heart: :heart: in the snow, under stars, drinkie poo waiting on the shelf. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh......:cheers:

The problem with the polls is the lack of multi-choice. Example - after 5pm I always drink beer when I log on to AS.

Last edited:
"Soak in a hot tub"

Is that not a gay thing to do? (Not that there is anything wrong with that),

Don't real men take showers? :biggrinbounce2:

That is the first thing I do!

Haven't had a bath in 20 years.

Guess I can't answer the pole!:sucks:

Man, I got a nice cedar wet sauna downstairs...After coming home from cutting timber this time of year, I jump in the cooker in my trunks @ 110-150 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, sweat some more besides from at work, THEN shower, then grab a couple of brews or glasses of vino and barbeque.:cheers:

Oh yeahh, the romance of the Hot Tub.
You Silly Philistines who didn't check it off, then call it "gay" ( like the kid in class farting, then shouting "Who Farted" ??), who are not in concert with the bliss and romance of hot water. Before work, after work, who gives a :hmm3grin2orange: .
And boys and girls, ours is --ta taaaa-- righteously wood fired.
How many have a Snorkel fired hot tub ? Oh the production of :heart: :heart: :heart: in the snow, under stars, drinkie poo waiting on the shelf. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh......:cheers:

You need a little time to yourself here, butcher?? :hmm3grin2orange:

What do I do after work?

Let the dog outside, fire up computer and check email, weather, AS and another forum I read everyday.

Look at the snail mail.

Pull the cat's tail.

Dude???

Aren't you missing go out and cut some wood dude??? That's what I always do... Cutting or splitting a little bit is how I unwind almost every nite...

:cheers: :popcorn:

Hmmm, your choices seem limited to the selfish lifestyle. Nothing about pick up the kids, make sure homework is done, put out the dogs, feed the dogs, start dinner, sort throught the mail, return phone calls and the list goes on.......:sucks: :hmm3grin2orange:

Selfish lifestyle? Well, I can be. I have been through doing a lot of other stuff in my life. Like going to night school (I put myself through college), working a second job, working on buying a house, working on selling a house, making the phone calls, moving, moving, and more moving, posting and replying to ads, looking for jobs, going out to do bids, paying bills, house upkeep, dealing with family issues, cooking and cleaning, doing laundry, yadda yadda. Been there, done that.

They only have 10 options on these polls. I thought about adding feeding dogs, cats and sheep (what I do here), and taking a shower, taking out the garbage, and roofing the house, working on the tractor, helping the neighbor get his crops in, take the kids to soccer practice, going to night school, and a lot of other stuff. Then there is also having sex, going out to dinner or dancing, shooting pool, playing poker, going to the gym, and other even more selfish things. 10 options is just not enough.

Everyone's a critic...

Aren't you missing go out and cut some wood dude??? That's what I always do... Cutting or splitting a little bit is how I unwind almost every nite...

:cheers: :popcorn:

Cutting wood is work here. I put up 3 cords this week. Also cleared about a dozen windthrown trees. This is a working farm. No going home really. We are always here.

Yip

Cutting wood is work here. I put up 3 cords this week. Also cleared about a dozen windthrown trees. This is a working farm. No going home really. We are always here.

That's what I do. I work for relaxation.... Better than listening to d1psh1t managers at the office. Then I usually cut a 4 or 5 face cord on the weekends...

:cheers: eh?

That's what I do. I work for relaxation....

Dang I know what you mean there. And I was probably near forty when I realized that's how I relaxed best...working. It's hard to worry about dumb **** when you're workin' in the yard, or checking-off on the honey-dew list, or splitting wood...

Awhile back, the gf scored an all-expenses-paid trip to the Bahamas. One a them all-inclusive resorts...Sandals. Good liquor, good food, all you wanted of either, and a sun-baked respite from a cold Detroit winter.

And it was great for about two or three days. But after that I started noticing the people pressure-washing the pool decks in the morning...hey...that's a pretty cool power tool...I've got nothing to do right now but sit on my axe and drink boat drinks...maybe if I asked him nicely...

I try and chase the wife down to get some. This usually leads to the cold shower, if I can even find where she is hiding. After that it's the gun rag or working on saws. This is usually to forget about the former or plan my second surprise attack when she least expects it. This usually fails dismally also. Then I start cocktails and pass out. Not to worry, tomorrow is another day. Perseverance eventually pays.:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Grab a beer, then take off my boots. Maybe have the kids walk on my back if it's been a long one. Skip the beer and take a pill if it's been a REAL long one. :cheers:

usually i will get me a few shots of jack daniels and get tuned in might go work on some saws etc. mostly just like to drink old mr.daniels

Back