What Do You Do With The Ashes.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like to fill groundhog holes with them.:hmm3grin2orange:

after that, great extra traction in the driveway when it gets snowy/icy

might have to save some for the garden now that i am getting into that!

Be sure to put ash in a "METAL" bucket, then use to fill in chuck holes in our county road, works if it doesn't rain right away

They make great fertilizer, hence the name potash. I spread them out on the lawn and garden and around the base of my trees.
Don't use ash on acidic loving plants because the ash will make the soil pH a little.

We have a paved driveway, so no way are ashes gonna get dumped there. We have an ash bin that we dump the tray into. That goes out in the garage (concrete floor) until the stuff cools, then that gets dumped into a covered 55 gal. drum behind the house. At the end of the heating season that gets dumped in the swale at the back of the property. Our soil read high potash so we don't put it on the lawn or garden.

Since the ground is froozing here the last week or so my neighbor help me load my burning barrow which was 3/4 full of ashes took it up to my church and dumped it the ashes pile; they use it in the flower plots around cemetery

Before anyone says anything they ask for ashes about once a month for that purpose :msp_wink:

Back