What Do You Have For A Bed Liner In Your Truck?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Do You Have For A Bed Liner In Your Truck?

• I have a spray on bed liner.

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • I have a drop in bed liner.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • I have a bed mat.

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • I don't have a bed liner or bed mat.

Votes: 24 22.0%

• Total voters
If my $3000 15 year old F350 is still alive when the bed starts to rust through I am planning on putting a used flat bed on it. I have decided to keep the truck long enough to amortize the purchase price to about $100/month, at that point I consider the truck capitalized, sell it and buy another one (an F450 or F550 with a dump bed?)

+1 for linex, it will take anything no problem, logs don't slide out that easily though

I have a permalayer of woodchips and loose bark that lays in the bed of my truck. :)

My wood hauler goes naked. The F350 bed seems thicker than some of the 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton trucks that I have seen.

My old Chevy has been bare-balling it its whole life. :D

:agree2: What they said. It's a work truck, with a working box with working dents in it. Sissified girly trucks afraid of a scratch or two don't have any use around here.

It's a work truck, with a working box with working dents in it. Sissified girly trucks afraid of a scratch or two don't have any use around here.

If dents in the bed are a mark of a manly truck, my little 94 Nissan is a whole SEAL team of manliness! :laugh:

2 votes for linex. My f250 came with it. You can pretty much throw anything back there and you don't even scratch the stuff. Only thing that has ever damaged it was a bundle of t-posts that I had to drag out, tore it a little but not down to the metal.

LineX here, and one scrap also due to T-posts. Dang those things can be heavy/sharp. Otherwise I think the LineX really strengthens the thin beds in the new Chevy GMT900 pickups.

Spray in liner that I sprayed myself. First one I did was on my restored Chevy with the "duplicolor" brand liner. Horrible stuff was not durable, don't recommend using that brand. 2nd one I did to my F-150 when it was new and used the Pro-Tex brand with a catalyst additive from Eastwood Company. 6 years later it still looks great. I like its gloss black look instead of the flat. The box interior has become dented and ripped apart in one corner but the liner still looks and works good. Was easy to do on a Saturday afternoon a little scuffing, some masking and spray with a cheap $10 Harbor freight undercoating gun.

Never cared for the drop in plastic liners.

:agree2: What they said. It's a work truck, with a working box with working dents in it. Sissified girly trucks afraid of a scratch or two don't have any use around here.

Agreed, bareback all the way! Truck was only a couple of weeks old when we were redoing the roof on my brother's cottage. My nephew could not believe that I was willing to have the old shingles, nails, etc. just thrown into the back of the shiny new truck; after a few shovelfuls though he got right into it.

I bought my truck used with a drop in bed liner. After finding some pretty deep dents in the wheel wells from tossing wood in (liner flexed but wheel well didn't) and reading about all the rust, I took it out only to find no rust. Couldn't put it back very easily because of some frozen bolts, so I cut it up and put it in the trash. I should have taken the time to deal with those bolts. It didn't do much for protecting the wheel wells, but it was doing a fine job protecting the bed floor. It's been about 2 years since I took it out and now I can see every cross member because the bed has started forming around them from tossing wood in. My cutting buddy told me I should get a rubber mat for the bed, but I told him that it was a bit late for that. Oh well, it's a truck.

Ian

My jeep tub has dupli color roll on in it, has held up so so. Mostly has chains, toolbox, and spare parts sliding around in it. Wifes truck has linex, I have beat it harder then my bed and it has held up very well. Have tossed every thing in it from axles,lawn aerator, to lava rock. My bed has Raptor spray liner that my neighbour installed for removing a tree, So far so good but still way to new to know much.3 bare sm chevys dragged acrossed it and 13 tons of#3 rock with no real wear. Dupli color= 80 bucks, Linex= 600 bucks, raptor= free(I think the kits sell for under 200(with undercoat gun!))

Like Haywood I have a dropin liner in a used truck. I had a dropin liner in a 1987 F150 and The cab rotted out before the bed. Ive never had a problem with that. The only complaint I have is that it is slippery and cargo slides around if not secured.:cheers:

Tacoma

Is it a Tundra or a Tacoma? Toyota makes a great truck IMO.

It is a taco - 2006 4cylinder access cab, stick - about as "work truckish" you can get in a compact. Not bad for room inside, box is ok size, mileage in the low 20s, not matter what I do...

I do like it, but when hauling wood, I miss the spring capacity of a bigger truck - it takes more loads now than before. I can snake through the woods better with this one.

What do you have for a Bed Liner in your truck

I had a drop in liner and than bought a Fiberglass Cover. This thing is so Air tight even pressure washer can blow water into it, locks, (Out of site out of mind) Climbing gear saws tools all safe and Dry. anything else go's onto a trailer

I had the Rhino liner sprayed on right after I bought the truck. Six years later it still looks like new. This is my second truck I had done with Rhino and would never go back to a drop in liner.

I have all 3.

I got a can of the bed liner from Napa and painted it on with a roller then installed a drop in liner. I then threw a bed matt on top to keep things from sliding around.

My truck is a 09 F 150. I didn't want the bed rusting out with just a drop in liner scraping away the paint. I also didn't want dents in the bed by just having the brush/paint on bedliner.

Hunk of conveyor belt as a mat. If I didn't already have that mat, I would've just put in a sheet of plywood.

I don't try to put in dents in the bed...or bumper...or sheetmetal. Just avoid anything that breaks and if something else gets dented I don't lose any sleep over it.

It's a truck. Not a very big truck, but it's a truck.

Last edited:
My 22 year old Toyota has a drop in liner and has for its entire life.

The only reason that the liner is still in there is to cover all of the holes in the bed floor.

If you have a nice truck: Never do a drop in unless it is just temporary, never leave the bed bare because after a month of using it you will wear the paint and rust will begin...

If I ever buy a newer truck I would pony up and spray in. Cry Once!

Latest posts

Back