What do you think Husqvarna's best saw is?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats funny is to see people call the 395 a cinder block, boat anchor etc,etc,
but at the gtg i had, when i had both saws the 395 and 660 i could feel hardly any weight difference and that with a 28" on the 395 and a 25" on the 660. I feel that it was the weight of the stihl bar. and i was using the narrow nose one at that. before i got the narrow nose bar,i had the regular width bar and it was a cinder block! I remember takin that thing back. and i also remember commenting in that thread about the weight of both saws and that I couldnt feel any/much difference between the two. Now im no expert, thats just my opinion.

Hi Gypo.
Yeah we're not as tight on emissions as you guys but gaining fast :(
I agree 25:1 is probably too rich - with mineral oil fouling has been a problem with all my saws. I use good quality synthetic now. .....

The fuel to air mix will actually be leaner with more oil, as it displaces fuel. You can of course get around that with adjusting the carb richer.

Then there is the carbon buildup that you (or the saw don't really want...

Every reply here will be a personal preference and/or an opinion.

My choice is the 346xp. I'm also going to put the OE ahead of the NE, for now.
When my NE has 10+ tanks through it, I might change my mind. :cheers:

I don't know much about Husqvarna's..only have a couple. But for me the best one out of the ones I have lived with is the 455. (Ones I've spent time using: 61 Rancher(mine), 272XP(work), 365SP (mine), 371XP(work & mine), 455(mine), 440(mine), 357XP(work), 351(mine))

Starts & Cuts in Hot or (very) cold weather. Plastic so it can sit on the garage floor or sit for extended period in my tractor. Cheap 2 buy (Mine cost $150 bucks) Cheap 2 keep...doesn't use much fuel...Has compression release..(I never need it), has primer bulb (I always use it)....& husky funky multi function choke/on off/ high idle switch! What more could the average person want?:clap:

Last edited:
IMO:

Husky 272 (Ole faithful, never has let me down)
Husky 385 (Still new and shiny, sounds great, cuts great, time will tell if it is as good or better than my 272)

Where you been tundraotto? I still remember that avatar you had. :cheers:

This that and the other - I guess someone cleaned house here - maybe for the better hahah!

Snelling is right...

346xp weight and 372xp like cutting would be and ideal....and from what I still hear after alll these years is that the 346xp is one of the best saws to taking mods...heck you may be close to the ideal - well, almost!:chainsawguy:

Latest posts

Back