What do you wear?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BS Tree Service

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am getting bad pains and bruises on the side of my feet from spur climbing. I have wolverine boots now and there is no protection for the bone on the inside of my foot.
I would like to get some good arborist boots that are good for climbing in spurs and offer protection but are also good to just free climb. Chainsaw protection would be a plus.

Suggestions would be really great!
Thank you!

http://www.haixusa.com/forestry/365/protector-prime-black?c=13
Best climbing boots ever, I have tried them all and these are by far the most comfortable and supportive. Never thought boots would make such a difference with gaff purchase but always rocking pole gaffs I just figured I would never really feel a solid connection. These babies feel like stepping up a stairway all the way up like I am glued to the tree, no flex=more stable.

wesspro highliners. Between those and caddy pads, I am completely pain free even after I'm on spurs all day, day after day. Yes, they are heavy. Yes, they are expensive. However, they last forever, and they stand behind them. Resoling is available if you actually manage to wear them out. If you get the right size, they really don't have to be broken in, at least for my feet. Treat them right, and your kids will inherit them.

I think JTree means Wesco not wesspro. They are def great boots. I had a pair of ten inch highliners and i got three years out of them. Its true they will resole them if you want but it wasnt exactly cheap especially when you factor in that you have to pay shipping both ways. And also you will be with out your boots for like 6 weeks i think it was. I know i didnt do it and i remember the cost of resole wasnt far from the cost of a new pair. They are darn good boots though. Personally all i wear anymore is a mid weight hiker. I prefer Asolo. I do general tree work but if i did large removals all day everyday I would probably still be wearing a logger boot everyday. Keep in mind that your spur , pad, and how high or low your spur is adjusted for the pad are also factors to consider as to your discomfort. Its may not be the boots fault.

Yeah, Wesco. ....I'm multicraft, sometimes they intermingle in my mind. Interesting that you only got three years put of them. Which variety sole did you have?

They had a lug sole and I am pretty sure vibram but cant swear to that. A guy i talked to from Viberg at a tcia expo told me that the reason my wescos came apart at the sole is because they use nails that will rust. I do think there great boots though.

Back