What does $1700 and an auction get?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barneyrb

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I owe a thanks to Hanniedog before this goes any further. He posted about a public auction in Houston, Tx. that had a Homelite 1050 Super in it and after a couple of Pm's he wasn't going to bid so I went forward.

I really wanted the 1050 but the rest of the saws, all Stihl 4 series, were just because I was making the trip. I've already run 5 of them including the 1050 which I don't think has 2 hours on it, the paint is still on the handle and the writing is not worn at all on the bar, chipped in a couple of places but no wear.

I'll be building what I can out of these Stihls and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the 1050.

Can anyone give me an idea on what the Homey might be worth? The only flaw is it was dropped on the right side and the clutch cover is cracke, very usable but cracked.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I know a place that has a empty space for a 044. haha :)

I think we gave close to 300$ for our 1050 with 37" bar.
attachment.php

Oh yea, great score!

Last edited:
You can find some interesting stuff on gov surplus sites. Found 70 ash logs listed over in Findlay, Ohio. Bid is up to about $900 for them now, might not be a bad deal if you live close by.

What a haul! :bowdown:

I'm also looking for an 044 project... PM if you're wanting to deal -- thanks!

Man your poular in this thread. :hmm3grin2orange: I might be up for that 1050.

Edit: when you get tired of it. Hope to see it at the GTG.

Last edited:
Sweet score you got.
Definately worth the effort and funds.
The 1050 is a clean looking saw, But
don't expect it to run right with the
stihl pull handle.:monkey:

Lee

Back