What engine is on this old thing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got this other saw here that I think is a Mono, at least it looks like the other that I have only smaller. The other one that I have we know is the AH-81 engine.

Would this be a AH-47 on this one? If so would this engine work on a David Bradley saw? At least maybe the piston would work if there the same size engine right?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm gonna guess AH-47. It looks identical to the Power Products motor in my Mono. Recoil and paint are different but carb, air filter, muffler?, cyl look the same. I have no idea how that crosses with David Bradley. Those saw look like they are sporting Montgomery Wards colors. Again just a guess.

If it's a non-removable head then yes, AH-47. If it's a removable head then it's likely a 58. I can't remember if the 51 has a removable head.

It has a removable cyl but not the cyl head.

How many David Bradleys do you have stowd away!!:yourock:

I have none now. LOL

One less now.

That cyl and piston should change at least?

I'm gonna guess AH-47. It looks identical to the Power Products motor in my Mono. Recoil and paint are different but carb, air filter, muffler?, cyl look the same. I have no idea how that crosses with David Bradley. Those saw look like they are sporting Montgomery Wards colors. Again just a guess.

Thanks for the tips, thats what I thought also.

I need a few parts off of it for the bigger one and was hoping that Les could use some parts off of it.

It has a removable cyl but not the cyl head.

I have none now. LOL

That cyl and piston should change at least?

Thanks for the tips, thats what I thought also.

I need a few parts off of it for the bigger one and was hoping that Les could use some parts off of it.

I could use the P&C if you dont need it. Just PM me and we will get together on it. Thanks.

I could use the P&C if you dont need it. Just PM me and we will get together on it. Thanks.

Send me a picture of the P/C you have when you get it apart and I'll compare it to this one. I need to check it closer to make sure its good!

I'm probably not going to get time to do that this week though, working overtime and getting things ready to take the Poulans to Gregs next weekend. :chainsawguy:

Send me a picture of the P/C you have when you get it apart and I'll compare it to this one. I need to check it closer to make sure its good!

I'm probably not going to get time to do that this week though, working overtime and getting things ready to take the Poulans to Gregs next weekend. :chainsawguy:

Good deal Mark. Gonna be a little bit with me also. Work starting to pick up. Be a little while. Thanks for you help. Will pm the pics.

Air cleaner for a David Bradly

My DB is missing the air cleaner......just the carb sitting there. Anyone have an extra one?

Thanks

Dan

The white air filter cannister sure looks like the ones from the old Tecumseh push mowers.

If it's a non-removable head then yes, AH-47. If it's a removable head then it's likely a 58. I can't remember if the 51 has a removable head.

Uh Oh, looking closer tonight it looks like a removable head. It also looks like the P/C are in good shape and it read 90lbs comp on my gauge I also found a tag on it but don't see the model # on it. Would this Lauson type carb be the original style on it?

What do you guys think?
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Uh Oh, looking closer tonight it looks like a removable head. It also looks like the P/C are in good shape and it read 90lbs comp on my gauge I also found a tag on it but don't see the model # on it. Would this Lauson type carb be the original style on it?

What do you guys think?
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That metal tag with the number 1383-A makes it a AH-58 according to my Third Edition Chainsaw Manual.

Thanks for confirming that. Does your manual list the bore and stroke for the 58?

Just wondering out loud if this P/C could be used on the 47? Probably not though.

AH47 2" bore 1.5" stroke.

AH58 2.09" bore 1.68" stroke.

It's pretty easy to get 58 parts over on the vintage karting forums. There's a bunch of guys with NOS pistons, rings, connecting rods, bearings, cylinders, etc. I've bought many parts from the karters for the five 58 motors I have.

It's pretty easy to get 58 parts over on the vintage karting forums. There's a bunch of guys with NOS pistons, rings, connecting rods, bearings, cylinders, etc. I've bought many parts from the karters for the five 58 motors I have.

Thats cool but I don't think this really needs anything, my main thing was seeing if I could get a P/C for Les's DB with the 47 engine on it.

THe 58 engine will probably bolt right into the DB he has. Why not swap the whole thing?

Back