what furnaice to buy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babetheblueox

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a small 2 story house with a half basement its about 1300 sqft will a add on furnace (wood) connected to the duct work heat my whole house and what brand would you suggest.
:chainsawguy:

I'd reccomend the Big Jake 90.
http://www.yukon-eagle.com/FURNACES/BIGJACKADDONWOODFURNACE/tabid/169/Default.aspx
Your home is the same size my home is and I live in northern Mn.
My BJ90 gets filled in the morning and before I go to bed.
I start it in Nov. and let it go out in June.I dump ashes once every 2 weeks.
I burn 6 cords of wood for an enitre winter where we see a lot of 0 to 30 below 0 temps.
My BJ90 is on it's 11th season without a wrinkle in it. I have replaced some firebricks and I put a grate in it this year. That's all I have had to do to it besides brush my flue once a year.
I have gotten it hot burning up all of that wood I had after I tore down an old garage on the property.The round top is near impossible to warp.
I have only seen 2 fail and both were over 30 years old.

A good furnace should have a secondary burn,thermal mass,lots of heat exchange surface area,cylcling burn rates and a barometric draft regulator.The BJ90 has these things.
With a 30 year pro rated warranty on the firebox and 1 year on all of the electronics.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back