What gas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdtreewalker

arboristsite window licker
Reaction score
What octane gas do you use, what oil mix, and what ratio do you mix it at. I've always used 92 octane with stihl ultra mixed at 50:1

What octane gas do you use, what oil mix, and what ratio do you mix it at. I've always used 92 octane with stihl ultra mixed at 50:1

You're fine with that plan. Use the Search function and you'll find a ton of information about octanes and mixes and oils and anything else you can think of.

So what y'all think? :msp_w00t: Should I start my ranting about gasoline again?

So here's the deal, if I get 5 "NO!" by the end of the day I'll hold my tong... otherwise... :glasses-cool:

NO NO NO NO NO ! And one extra NO just for good measure. Now hold your tong. :)

Seriously, somebody needs to take a deep breath, say their morning patience mantra, and answer the kid's question.

Once upon a time somebody answered ours.

I use Shell 93 octane and mix with Amsoil Saber @ 40:1. Just use fresh gas and good quality oil and you're safe.

Sorry Gologit, only one vote per customer.

Yeah, you're right, someone should answer him...
I use non-ethanol blended 91-92 octane mixed 50:1 with the Stihl dino oil (orange bottle).
I've never added anything else to it... no stabilizers (it's in the Stihl oil), no octane boosters, no fuel treatments, nothing.
What you're doing should be just fine... keep your fuel getting too old and stay away from ethanol blends if'n possible.
There are guys on this board running the cheapest fuel and the cheapest oil they can find, and most of them haven't blown up... at least not yet.

The main thing you need to do is make sure you're getting..."fresh"...gas.

I use BP 93 octane that I get at the interstate highway..and they get two 93 octane deliveries a week.

I recently switched to Amsoil Saber and mix at 50:1 - full synthetic and half the price of Stihl Ultra.
:cheers:
J2F

Who cares about your supercalafagalistic fuel "ranting"?
The OP didn't ask to be preached at about fuel... it was a simple question.

Gary

This may be a bit presumptuous of me... but I'll take that as a "NO!" then?

...and, oh yeah Gologit, I'm not really sure how that "tong" thing happened, and I missed your bold lettering of it the first time I read it... somehow I dropped the last two letters... tongue.

That makes 3 "NO!"...
ahhhh geezzzzz, y'all are gonna' ruin this for me, ain't ya'?
OK..I'll make it..four..(4)..I hope you were really just jokin' around..??

Could you just please reply to the OP..what gas and oil/mix you personally use..??

It seems we are in the "dawg days of summer''..and few threads..but guys just want to post "something"..!!

No reason to get this thread "locked" over someone going off on some rant about anything..especially gas & oil mix..!!

Just help the young dude out..with what you personally use and perhaps why..!!
:cheers:
J2F

Latest posts

Back