What Guide Bar Comes with a New MS660?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnus

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
my new machine just arrived, and i found it had an E series bar...not the ES as advertised.

is that normal?

thanks for the input.
Magnus

Congratulations on your new saw magnus, it's a great piece of equipment. I bought a 660 a couple months ago, after having used 440s for 10 years...now I only wish I had bought it sooner. The 660 has much more power and cuts way faster (I have a 36" b&c with full square chisel...we cut mainly softwoods).
As far as the bar being a Duromatic E type (I'm no expert), but I would rather have the Rollomatic ES because it has the roller sprocket at the tip of the bar (which is replaceable) and the bar is very ridgid - it's solid steel.
If the saw was advertised with an ES bar, that's what you should get...Just The Way I See It...

i am very excited about using the new saw and sawmill.
i read allot of posts on this board before making my purchase.

tomorrow i plan to test it out finally, using my friends bar.

the portuguese stihl seem to think that a Rollomatic E is appropriate for a new 660.

i am trying to get them to replace it with the ES, since it is superior in many ways.

just curious really if it is just the portuguese trying to screw me over or if this normal stihl policy?!?!

hi guys,
my new machine just arrived, and i found it had an E series bar...not the ES as advertised.

is that normal?

thanks for the input.
Magnus

Hi, as far as i know only the bigger bars come in ES like 25'' and up,you will love your 660 put a 25'' bar with 3/8 .063 RSC chain and a 8 pin rim sprocket,enjoy.:):):)

Latest posts

Back