What happens when you loan out your tractor? Pics included.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After reading through the thread real quick I can see how it took on a life of it's own. I get my passion for tractors and cutting wood from my father which is a common denominator for many of us on this site. We are also passionate about our families, whether it's good or bad. Since very few of us actually know one another and have no idea about the other's family dynamics I can see how simply mentioning "Dad" can open up the can of worms. I am lucky that I have such a great relationship with my father and it could have just as easily been my butt in the seat when the fluke happened. Once again, I really can't blame him. The tractor is repaired, it wasn't awfully expensive to fix...part of owning a piece of equipment and that was why I started the thread.

Ya know all the #### ya broke when you were little?

How about the cool stuff your dad never got because he was feeding ya, so ya never got a chance to break that ####...

I reckon Dad still has a few things to break, to get even LOL!!!!

Not gonna bash on Kubota, they run well for a light duty homeowner tractor.
But whoever the Jap was that designed them,never considered use outside of the Rice Paddy.
The radiator location is dumber than a football Bat, and odds are there are folks cussing him all over the planet. Most designs have the Battery and a set of baffles, an airbox, and other stuff in front, and darn few Radiators are that expensive...OUCH!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

That's kind of what I thought for a plastic and aluminum radiator, a little pricey. There was another radiator listed for the 3130 that was even more expensive, probably for one that has a cab with heat and A/C.

Believe it or not the tractor has a push bar, a light duty expanded metal lower grill with the battery and airbox up front. The only way to describe it is "fluke." The 2-3" diameter stick pushed the expanded metal grill out of the plastic frame just at the top and snaked it's way up the battery and curved toward the coooler and radiator. You are right though, engineers could have easily prevented this, plastic on a grill guard? Since this was the first time I have done anything other than just maintanence I was surprised at how easily it came apart and went back together. A fair amount of "junk" had to come off but it was all easily reached and went back together very well because of it's design, so the engineers did their job there. It was also nice to know all of the parts are easily available from the dealer. Expensive, but at least available.

Back