What I wouldn't give for a forwarder...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaikwa

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Or even a skidder!

But I gotta make do with what I have.

It used to be a car of some sort, them someone made a haywagon out of it, then I made a forwarding trailer out of it. Sorta.

TimberSale004A.jpg

Like my dad used to say, "Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without"!

Or even a skidder!

But I gotta make do with what I have.

It used to be a car of some sort, them someone made a haywagon out of it, then I made a forwarding trailer out of it. Sorta.

TimberSale004A.jpg

Like my dad used to say, "Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without"!

Looks good man! What ever works use it! I love my Rottne though LOL

I wish I had a 4x4 rubber tired backhoe also . Real handy piece of iron . . Looks like your gettin er done tho !!
Everyone told me to stay away from JCB... "Hard to get parts for", "expensive", "nightmare to work on", "no customer support or service", and on and on. I bought one anyway because I always liked the look of them! AND I got a great deal on it. But it's been the best little machine I've ever owned. Some of the parts are pricey, most are fairly reasonable by today's standards. I called the US headquarters in Georgia when I first bought the machine and they gave me a service and repair manual for free. The local dealer has an extensive on-the-road service department and we actually rent them space here at the farm to keep parts as their dealership is 60 miles to the north and they keep a local guy in this area.

My only complaint with JCB is their wiring. It's all the same color and all the same gauge. Doesn't matter if it's a marker light, a head light or a heater motor, it's all 18 gauge! Battery cables are sized correctly tho.

Well, my forwarder decided not to forward today. Or backward either for that matter!

SawLogs05-12002A.jpg

Maybe if I had OVER-loaded it to stabilize it a bit, it wouldn'ta broke!~ :laugh:

The term ( boy ya sure wooded the piss outa er)

It looks like you have 2 cord or so of green hard wood on it .

But it still really sucks .
My dad made a woods trailer from a 2 ton Chevy truck frame and rear axle . Pulled it with our farm tractor . It was Skookum !!

Damn, for years I've seen chaikwa's avatar as a flying little bird. I wasn't thinking anything particular, it just was a bit different, considering the common AS style. Whatever it may be. Now it came to me what's that stub sticking out of the bird's left wing? Then I noticed a nose....

Damn, for years I've seen chaikwa's avatar as a flying little bird. I wasn't thinking anything particular, it just was a bit different, considering the common AS style. Whatever it may be. Now it came to me what's that stub sticking out of the bird's left wing? Then I noticed a nose....
LOL!
I've had that avatar for YEARS. Sort of a self portrait I guess. I've been called a bird of a different color more than once, so I guess what you were seeing isn't that far off!

Latest posts

Back