What If splitter question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are running it off the pto, you have a gear reduction and pushing 2/3 the capacity of pump I am. I am running direct at around 2400 rpm. I should check the pressure i am putting out. If I am running full bore it will pull down, but give me time to get off the valve. pushing 33 gpm through the relief valve takes hp.
Sorry if I miss lead you. I'm running a direct fit PTO pump that is rated at 22gpm. I jumped into this because even though I'm not at 33gpm I like the high out puts as it allows you to have good flow with a potentially slower running engine that won't burn as much fuel and be as noisy. I think people forget just because something is rated at something doesn't mean a certain application is there. The Speeco's aren't pushing their pumps to rating either.

I think I am going to let someone else worry over the big pump. Looks like for all the problems and trouble it would be I could buy a new 16 or 22gpm pump just as well and be better off in the long run. In the mean time I will keep looking and hoping. Would really like to find a used splitter in need of repair like a blown engine. :dizzy:

Back