What if...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd allow binge drinking on the job in the manufacturing plant. I am estimating that my company would last somewhere between 1/2 an hour to 3 days, but regardless, I would probably get some pretty entertaining results.

But in all seriousness, nearly all-metal saws as previously stated by another member. Saws with lots of plastic are just like fiberglass automobiles to me... they're not on my property unless I'm making money off of them!

How about:

- 40cc top handle saw that weighs 5 lbs makes 5hp
- 55cc small saw that weighs 7-1/2 lbs makes 10hp
- 73cc mid range saw that weighs 10 lbs makes 15hp
- 100cc big boy saw that weighs 12-1/2lbs makes 25hp

wait a min....

one model - 5' light saber!! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Hey ChainsawmanXX ever get that boat motor running??

With a good AV and it would be sold 475 bucks, poulans WT would be a dead ringer to put the BIG 2 rinning in circles...:hmm3grin2orange: BTW it would be a mag case with a larger fuel and oil tank:rock: (minus the purple)

How could you take purple away from the Wild Thing? Without purple, it's the "Anxious Thing" or the "Mildly Perturbed Thing".

Stihl allready developed the ultimate chainsaw in the MS261 so I dont know why you guys are waisting your time....:msp_tongue:

High speed high res camera in the chain cover constantly scanning the chain for dulling, connected to an in motion laser sharpener, perfectly sharp chain at all times.

Should sell for about $358,000.

High speed high res camera in the chain cover constantly scanning the chain for dulling, connected to an in motion laser sharpener, perfectly sharp chain at all times.

Should sell for about $358,000.
Ahh, planning on selling them to the military I see!

1. Made in the USA
2. One model in each of the following cc range 40cc, 50cc,70cc,90cc, 110cc for pro falling
3. As many common components as possible
4. Either fully adjustable carbs or programable fuel injection
5. As much metal construction as feasible without adverse weight penalty
6. Engines to run at absolute peak performance right up to the line just not going to the point were it would effect reliability or longevity.
7. Three year warranty regardless of use as long as it was run with a specified mix at a specified ratio
8. Come equipped with the best bar possible and non safety chain
9. Sold at dealers only
10. Mandatory one/two hour saw maint class to new saw owner including use of saw in controlled enviroment.
11. Free maint inspections at 6 month intervals for the three year warranty period.
12. Focus on quality, not quanity, reputation for performance quality and A
merican workmanship would soon provide all the marketing needed.
13. Focus on the niche market, the pro saw user or aboristsite enthusiast user, not the big box consumer.

so jacob. when is your research phase over and saw construction begins? when will we be able to buy the first chainsawmanxxx saw? looking forward to it. just sayin.

Just standing by, i have 10 saws made already, all using the best of quality cylinders. All the saws are 83cc. Should do the first test cut sunday :cheers:

:laugh: just joking.
But i have been throwing around the idea of what i would do if i were to build my own saw. First i would have to buy a machine shop :bang:
I like alot of the ideas on here, and they would make some awesome saws!
A man can dream!

Just standing by, i have 10 saws made already, all using the best of quality cylinders. All the saws are 83cc. Should do the first test cut sunday :cheers:

:laugh: just joking.
But i have been throwing around the idea of what i would do if i were to build my own saw. First i would have to buy a machine shop :bang:
I like alot of the ideas on here, and they would make some awesome saws!
A man can dream!

MY saw dream is a hostile takeover of poulan, yank it away from the orange people, and build quality USA saws again. It is pretty obvious husky is never gonna let poulan build big and pro grade saws again, and cut into their flagship brand, when you know they could, right in the same factory they have now.

Seems like a lot, but loads easier than starting from scratch.

but..seeing as how doing that would require the talents of one of those predatory vulture capitalists, who are only into short term profits...ain't gonna happen.

I still think a USA quality saw company would fly, but ya, hard to start one, especially a tradional corporate type arrangement. A co-op though..can be done cheaper and fill it with saw enthusiasts and not just MBAs.

MY saw dream is a hostile takeover of poulan, yank it away from the orange people, and build quality USA saws again. It is pretty obvious husky is never gonna let poulan build big and pro grade saws again, and cut into their flagship brand, when you know they could, right in the same factory they have now.

Seems like a lot, but loads easier than starting from scratch.

but..seeing as how doing that would require the talents of one of those predatory vulture capitalists, who are only into short term profits...ain't gonna happen.

I still think a USA quality saw company would fly, but ya, hard to start one, especially a tradional corporate type arrangement. A co-op though..can be done cheaper and fill it with saw enthusiasts and not just MBAs.

count me in

Latest posts

Back