what is keeping u warm tonight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. It actually looks better in person.....the flash brightens it up quite a bit but it's really a dark blue/black. I believe it's rated at 82,000 btu.

We have a ten year old Jotul CB3 we are going to install in the bedroom/master-bath. Our place is over 3,000 sq. ft. and was built in 1890. I'm still working to tighten it up and insulate it. All of our wood if from trees we charge to remove.

Man that is the best, burning wood you got paid to remove, I love it. I also lease some space to a firewood guy with a proceser, so all my wood for the shop and house get cut and split for free :) oyeah I"m burning ash right now

Last edited:
You guys up north make me feel guilty for even having a fire. It's in the high 30's in north Texas right now, and the stove is filled with hickory.

I have quite a bit of hickory and oak on my place in Louisiana, but I usually only cut hickory for firewood. The oaks feed the deer in the fall so they don't get cut often. The hickory, on the other hand, burns hot and makes great coals, so they get dropped all the time.

The dog in front of the stove. fireplace extrordinair. This stove keeps the house plenty warm on the coldest nights and heats the whole house evenly due to the fact that it forces outside air into the house (after heating it)

Hey Sid.
Looks like a nice warm setup.
Is that an insert ?
Tell us little more.
Thanks.

The dog in front of the stove. fireplace extrordinair. This stove keeps the house plenty warm on the coldest nights and heats the whole house evenly due to the fact that it forces outside air into the house (after heating it)

Awesome stonework there!

Hey Sid.
Looks like a nice warm setup.
Is that an insert ?
Tell us little more.
Thanks.

The fireplace is actually a zero clearence unit but it is sealed and opperates at 73% efficency (I think). I built the house in 2003 and a nice wood burning fireplace was one of the things I wanted. I fully expected to have to buid a mansonery fireplace and get an insert but I got lucky and came across this unit. It is a Fireplace Extrordinair made by Travis industries (same people that make Lopi). It is designed for new construction and it pretty much looks like a gas unit when it is delivered. It is all typical wood frame around the unit. It has cooling ducts that are routed to collect outside air that prevents it from getting to hot on the wood that surrounds it. The best part about this unit is that, instead of recirculating air inside the house, the blower takes outside air in, heats it up, and then forces into the house. The heat is so even throughout the whole house even though all the heat is only coming from the fireplace. I would suggest this fireplace to anyone that is doing new construction.

I did the stone work and it is all cultured stone. There is no pattern to the stones so it was time consuming. Believe it or not, all that is behind the stone is some plywood, galvanized expanded metal, and some brick mortar. The bricks are just stuck to the wall.

The fireplace is actually a zero clearence unit but it is sealed and opperates at 73% efficency (I think). I built the house in 2003 and a nice wood burning fireplace was one of the things I wanted. I fully expected to have to buid a mansonery fireplace and get an insert but I got lucky and came across this unit. It is a Fireplace Extrordinair made by Travis industries (same people that make Lopi). It is designed for new construction and it pretty much looks like a gas unit when it is delivered. It is all typical wood frame around the unit. It has cooling ducts that are routed to collect outside air that prevents it from getting to hot on the wood that surrounds it. The best part about this unit is that, instead of recirculating air inside the house, the blower takes outside air in, heats it up, and then forces into the house. The heat is so even throughout the whole house even though all the heat is only coming from the fireplace. I would suggest this fireplace to anyone that is doing new construction.

I did the stone work and it is all cultured stone. There is no pattern to the stones so it was time consuming. Believe it or not, all that is behind the stone is some plywood, galvanized expanded metal, and some brick mortar. The bricks are just stuck to the wall.

Thanks for your response,

I would be proud if I were you,
to say I did the brickwork.
And I'm sure you are.
Looks Great!
Doesn't it feel good to be able to do these jobs by ourselves.

And I mean everyone reading this.
Look at the money we have saved.
So much talent, So little time.

Thanks Sid.

Kevin

Thanks for your response,

I would be proud if I were you,
to say I did the brickwork.
And I'm sure you are.
Looks Great!
Doesn't it feel good to be able to do these jobs by ourselves.

And I mean everyone reading this.
Look at the money we have saved.
So much talent, So little time.

Thanks Sid.

Kevin

Kevin,

Thanks for the compliment but you have only seen the brickwork in pictures lol. You might change your mind if you saw it in person.lol

Kevin,

Thanks for the compliment but you have only seen the brickwork in pictures lol. You might change your mind if you saw it in person.lol

Where in the USA are you? I'll come take a look and give an objective opinion.:D

When this post was started, I could only sit on the sidelines and watch.

My new Napoleon 1400p has been up and running for 3 days now and I am loving it. I`m burning Silver Maple , Beech, Cherry, Locast, Red/White Oak etc

Warm n cozy
GG

Just loaded the wood stove for the night.
A piece of Chestnut Oak, a piece of silver maple and a few sticks of red oak. There should be coals in the morning.

Its about 7f and dropping outside, and its 75 inside. The wife and I used be covered in blankets when watching movies/tv , tonight its T-shirts and shorts. Tomorow she is going to try a slow cooking stew recipe on the new stove. I love wood heat.

Its about 7f and dropping outside, and its 75 inside. The wife and I used be covered in blankets when watching movies/tv , tonight its T-shirts and shorts. Tomorow she is going to try a slow cooking stew recipe on the new stove. I love wood heat.

I have narrowed my choices for next year's new wood stove to either a Napoleon 1900 Pedestal or a Pacific Energy Summit. I still have a lot of time, but those two have really caught my eye.

attachment.php

That stove looks familiar! Burning poplar today.

attachment.php

Josh

Wow, nice Stove Glenn! Hopefully that is located where it can be viewed.

Back