What is my next best size up saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Tyler

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
First forum, let me thank everyone for their input in my last post about my 55 Rancher "bogging" down. I'm so embarrassed at what the problem actually was... (ready for this) THE SPARK PLUG WASN'T EVEN FINGER TIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!
The tech prior to this one replaced the plug, but didn't tighten it!!! I never even considered to check the plug this time "assuming" it should be fine!!! saw runs excellent now (160 was the compression rating) and I'm very happy!!!

-NOW-

What saw (let's keep it Husky models to keep it simple) do I have to get to get to make sure it's in the next "job catagory"... meaning, I know I not to get a 359 etc... would the jump to a 372xp be sufficient? Is that not enough? Would a 385xp or 390xp be better? I just don't want to have two saws that heavily overlap their job duty.

Thanks for everything forum!!! -Jon

372xp should put a big smile on your face

But if he buys a 372 he'll never pick up the rancher again. :laugh:

Agreed the 372 is the next step up for you. (then a step back to sell the rancher to fund your next purchase...... say a 346?)

(then maybe a 395) :laugh:

372Xp is a great saw, but since your profile says you 'work out', how about a 390XP. Little more weight, still inboard clutch and loads of power.

The 390xp is one heckuva saw. You won't be disappointed with it. If that's a little to big I recommend the 575xp.

The 390xp is one heckuva saw. You won't be disappointed with it. If that's a little to big I recommend the 575xp.

Hey you used "recommend" and "575xp" in the same sentence!!!!!
Not words we see together on AS very often without the words "trade it for a 372xp" being involved!

I'd shy away from the 575. a 372 would prolly do anything you ever needed it to..or if u wanted bigger a 385 or 390 would work..the 395 is most likely a bit of overkill

Really? No 575 love on here? I'm shocked. Granted, I'm not familiar with the 372 but I've used 575's for the past two years and love 'em. Just gotta let 'em warm up is the only downfall I've experienced.

Really? No 575 love on here? I'm shocked. Granted, I'm not familiar with the 372 but I've used 575's for the past two years and love 'em. Just gotta let 'em warm up is the only downfall I've experienced.

Very little love for the 575 here, There is some hope in the NE575XP that has more power and less weight but i dont think anyone has seen or played with one yet.

Latest posts

Back