what is the least likely thing to happen.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
yep it did happen. the brown truck came dn the drive and dale jarret set my pp372 on my porch...well mite as well have been dale,,as surprised as i was..
im in the middle of removin the carb from an old mcculuc ...sure changed my day... saw seems to be ok ,,but i ll need to see it in heavy cut before i know for sure...
seems a bit louder than it was... but
as smooth as an electric motor.. i hate the fact that somebody used it that didnt know how to sharpen chain tho. thats bound to have worked it pretty hard. but like i say it seems fine .
dan if u could let me know what rpm its suppose to be set at i may let my dealer
use his tach to reset it... which he will have to do in front of me...i dont intend to
ever let the saw spend another nite outside my house... its by far the best and,strongest piece ive operated...
its about like a ups driver drivin dales number 88 ..:D thanks again dan...
wow can u believe it.i aint gonna mention nothin else,,cause i want this to have an totally positive ending ,,if yall know what i mean..

thanks brian but a new one just look like a mix of old[me] an new lol. id rather have this one.plus it be a little easier to slip up on some locals with their new[or bragging].. saws now dan tell me im alrite here. it was a tad to rich i left it at 1 3/4 turn out on the h. i knew it didnt sound quite like before. it does now and actually sounds quiter. mabe its becaus it dont4 cycle ,which it didnt when i had it before.
no need to answer if u think im safe . it has flat got the power now.if i blow it, its on me but it does sound like it did when i had it before. nothing i got compares.
yall have a great day.

Tony
We wanted to keep it a secret from but we did start up a collection for a new PP372 for you.I almost had enough funding to buy a new 372 and I was going to port it for you.
Great, Now I have to send checks back.Don't worry I saved all of them and I didn't cash any.
I want to thank everyone that contributed to this fund.I wont mention many names of the people that donated because they all did this out of kindness and not for recognition.I feel that I should mention that RockyJSquirrel was the top donator of 100.00. Thanks to everyone that helped with this.
Later
Dan

uh ,i thot he was talkin an idea u guys were kicking around. if u fellas did that it just confirms what i been sayin all along.
i belong to several forums but i got to say again somethings bring out the best in a man[or perhaps the best men] ..these saws seem to do that.
brian an who ever else was doing this ,
ill put real value on this for the future..
when im in good company ,,nothin for me to do, but try and measure up to it..
in any case its a classy thing to do.
so i almost had an pp 372 new,, huh. just kidding .. like i said before this saw kinda goes with me. rough hewn and not much left to polish up ,,but still able to
hang with the younguns ,for a while longer.
dan i got it adjusted to run just like it did before. truly badass.
:) thanks again everybody ,if i can be of service to any ,let me know..

WOW!!!!!

I can’t believe the reactions of some people. I’ve had harassing and deceptive phone calls, rude e-mails, and now I log on, (for the first time in a few months except to remove my address) and find death threats, arson threats, and lots of rude things being said about me.

And what brought this all on? I was slow on shipping a saw to Tony. I never had any intentions of keeping the saw. I do admit that I was delinquent with the shipping but there was no deceit intended. I wish I could be like most of you that appear to have lots of free time on your hands.

Let me clarify a few things. I had the saw since around the beginning of Feb, Which is NOT a year as some claim. When I got the saw I replaced the nasty air filter, spark and fuel filter.

I used it for about an hour comparing it to a friend’s 371 and my new 372 in Feb. Had to use it in a wood pile because there was too much snow to do tree work. In March I did a few jobs that I used Dan’s saw mostly in comparison with my new 372 with a Walker muffler. At this time I spoke with Dan and told him that I hadn’t run the saw much. He told me that when I was done he would mostly likely have me send it to someone else. I used the saw side by side with mine during April and part of May. About that time I set it on a bench in my shop and it sat there for the summer. I ran a total of 10-15 tanks of fuel at the most. For those that say that the saw was abused, I don’t consider the amount of time I actually ran the saw excessive or abusive.

About 3 months ago I hadn’t been on line for about a week because of my busy season schedule. When I checked e-mail there were a number of nasty e-mails from AS members and an e-mail from Dan asking about the saw. This is what started the whole deal with Tony getting the saw given to him. Dan and I exchanged
e-mails and he said that he would get me an address for Tony. I believe that was the last time Dan and I had any communication exchange. By reading different threads one would get the impression that there were multiple calls and other attempts to get in touch with me, which was not the case. Dan, if you tried to call me you never left a message did you? According to a post by Roger B he sent you my phone # and I’m sure I gave it to you when we spoke on the phone. Of course I got harassing and deceptive calls from other AS members so my # is obviously out there to be found.

After awhile Tony sent me his address in an e-mail and I told him that I would try to get it out soon. This is where I just flat out screwed up About 2 weeks went by and Tony e-mailed me again. I apologized and told him I’d get it out soon. About this time I got another bunch of nasty e-mails from AS and I went in to delete my address from AS (about a month ago as pointed out by someone who looked up my last activity). I guess this corresponded to another thread starting. I was in no way trying to hide so I could keep the saw. The next time I drove to my shop I dusted off the saw and packed it up. Unfortunately I have not had an extra $20 for shipping due to some major financial difficulties over the summer. As you know Tony got his saw this week (with the original chain in the original bag).

So that’s my side of the story. I guess my being delinquent in shipping and being broke deserves all the BS on AS about me.

Not afraid to use my real name,
Eric Engstrom

Eric, The e-mail I sent wasn't nasty-I can't speak for others. I am glad that you sent the saw to Tony. :) Frankly though this never had anything to do with free time or good finances ( those are your excuses and you know your own situation but I look at things from my perspective as a person who has been both busy and broke). The real issue was responsibility. You dropped the ball buddy. I'm glad that you picked it back up and wish you the best.:angel:

Eric,

I don't mean to be a jerk, but if you're so busy, why did you have
Dan send you the saw in the first place? It sounds like it sat for
quite some time, much to the chagrin of its owner(s). The saw
seemed to make healthy rounds until it landed on your doorstep.
Dan should not have to contact you at all, you should be asking
him where to send the saw next.

Have a good one.

Scott Kluge

ok eric ,, we have to accept a man at his wd. whether i believe it or not ,,is my buisiness. u know u may have gained a tadof credibility,,if u had not spoke of how much u used it. erik it left here with an really excellent ,almost new chain on it.. that aint the chain it came back with .. so if fit is the same chain ,,which i doubt.
its been used quite a bit. either that or somebody got crazy with an grinder.
the carb settings were also different ,,which i guess could happen if it was just setting up.i guess ive heard of that..
in any case ,im glad u did the rite thing in the end... its not for me to know your whole truth[have enough time figuring my own]... i do know each person deals with their own demons... the only way ive found that works long haul ,,is strait truth. its a lot less confusing ,,and easier,, too in the long run,..not that i get itrite all the time .. nobody does.
now eric ,as regards to this subject,ithink the best is to drop it,an not discuss it.. just pleas dont be questioning the credibility of dan and others here.any more.its best to just tlet it be in the past.
i got my saw,,and to me thats secondary ,,although i really wouldnt take any amt for it now. it caused some other real fine things,, to come to lite regarding a lot of members of this site. again thanks dan an u all know who..:)

Last edited:
Eric
I started a recent thread titled "Where the Hell is Eric E....." simply becuase noone had heard from you or could reach you to my knowledge. The missing PP372 was talked of regularly, so we all knew that it was still awol.

I don`t recall anyone making death threats or anything else of that nature. There was a great deal of interest because both Dan and Tony, the two guys adversely affected by the apparent disappearance of you and the saw, are both great guys. I can`t believe that either one of them would have ever been in your situation and not contacted the rightful owner of the saw. I also can`t believe that Dan or Tony would have given you a hard time or divulged any confidential information had you contacted them.

I`m sorry to hear that you have been faced with hard times and hope that things turn around for you soon. Most all of us have been there atleast once. I just believe that you dropped the ball in not communicating to Dan what the issue was and consequently had a bunch of guys wondering if you were up to something unsavory. Accept the lumps you took and move on, don`t let this event be your defining moment.

Russ

awol saw now home

Eric, all this is the past but missing in your responce is how did you like the saw? Did it run well? I past on a 372 and opted for the 7900 which I am not going to part with till I wear it out. Still I would like to hear how the 372 preformed?

Eric E
I am in the market for a new truck.Will you please send me yours for a demo.I will only keep it for about 7 month and only run about 10-15 tanks of fuel through it.
As far as the threatening post goes.Read it again! I stated about one of my previous duties that I performed.Right after that I gave my personal opinion of you,which hasn't changed.Within minutes of that post I received a call from one of the moderators.After I explained it to him and he read it again,it was left here.At that same time we checked your log file on AS.How long was it since you were not on here?
Later
Dan

Latest posts

Back