What is this guy doing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J63DUJYpwBQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J63DUJYpwBQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

wrap handle would have made "attempting to cut the humboldt" so much easier.

He's demonstrating he is an idiot. Isn't it obvious?

If I used a saw like that all day my arms would fall off! Using the top of the bar like that puts all the work on the operator. What a bafoon!

I try not to pick on others because I know I make some bonehead moves every now and then, but that was hard to watch, especially with such a capable chainsaw.

Thats why kids shouldn't use chainsaws without proper instuction. At least he had enough sense to wear some ppe. I did similar stupid #### when I was young, glad I survived it all to now know better.

Thats why kids shouldn't use chainsaws without proper instuction. At least he had enough sense to wear some ppe. I did similar stupid #### when I was young, glad I survived it all to now know better.

The first few trees I dropped weren't so good, but I've got a lot better even without GOL training.

I wonder what his AS handle is :)

I'm far from a flawless amateur, but I have no clue what one could plausibly be thinking to try and cut a face like that.

The tree had center rot, like a lot of big, dead ash do, and there was very little to no hinge wood. Yikes.

Also, I doubt that's a 48" tree.

This is what a 40" ash looks like, and this almost looks bigger to me (I'm about 6'2" with my boots and cleats on, for reference).

101_0384.jpg

With hingewood even :D

101_0386.jpg

Last edited:
Is this what happens when you west coasters try to cut hardwood?

We have lots of hardwood here on the west coast. ;)

That looks more like someone who has seen it done right, maybe even has a bit of time with a saw, and they are trying to learn for themselves.

Mr. HE:cool:

I think the camera person was the smart one!!! After getting a close up of that nasty face cut they moved way off!!! lol But hey I've messed up too just not quite that bad...Hope he survives his youth!!!:monkey:

Back