what is this ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, I like going to the saw display at lowes. usually take the covers off orange ones and put them on yellow or green ones, and vice versa. shows everyone that they're all the same saw.
-Ralph

I checked with some part numbers on 142 vs poulan .. and guess what mostly it comes up a poulan parts :dizzy: I did that awhile back when I won one of them in a raffle...Needless to say traded it off asap...I like husky saws alot.. But not husky/poulan saws..

Last edited:
If it doesn't say XP after the number I would have nothing to do with it, almost all the XP saws are good. Yeah, I know the 365...blah, blah, like I said, XP means something.

clearance said:
If it doesn't say XP after the number I would have nothing to do with it, almost all the XP saws are good. Yeah, I know the 365...blah, blah, like I said, XP means something.

It says nothing about the build quality, but it does say that the saw is tuned to be more of a screamer, and less of a torquer. The 353, 359, and 365 are built to the same level of quality and design, but are tuned for slightly more torque, and less absolute screaming power.

Timber, I have run a lot of Husky saws, lots that do not say XP are ok for a weekend warrior but XP saws are more powerfull in all ways to the non XP saws. 61 compared to 266XP, no contest. 365 compared to 372XP, no contest. They have usually have different carbs, always rev higher, cut faster than the non XP saws. I know that horsepower sells cars and torque wins races but I have never noticed any diff. in pulling power, then again I try not to run the others very long.

clearance said:
Timber, I have run a lot of Husky saws, lots that do not say XP are ok for a weekend warrior but XP saws are more powerfull in all ways to the non XP saws. 61 compared to 266XP, no contest. 365 compared to 372XP, no contest. They have usually have different carbs, always rev higher, cut faster than the non XP saws. I know that horsepower sells cars and torque wins races but I have never noticed any diff. in pulling power, then again I try not to run the others very long.

Thats pretty much what I was saying was it not, that the XP series are more highly tuned, and have higher power output. The 353, 359 and 365 are built the same, but tuned more mildly, and intended to be slightly more forgiving for users who need a professional quality saw, but don't need the higher price paid for the extra power found in the XP series.

Allan.K said:
I checked with some part numbers on 142 vs poulan .. and guess what mostly it comes up a poulan parts :dizzy: I did that awhile back when I won one of them in a raffle...Needless to say traded it off asap...I like husky saws alot.. But not husky/poulan saws..

Allen if they are the exact same saws do they have the exact same price or is one more costly because of the name on it. I'm curious to know the answer....

I hope I don't get my butt in trouble doing this:cry: .. But here it goes..

Well here are some major parts that all are poulan just to give you a idea..
1.Part no.530069941 Piston and Cyl. Assy.39.82
2.Part no.530055613 Fuel Tank and Handle 45.50
3.Part No.530029794 crankshaft 93.24
4.Part No.530071991 Crankcase and oil tank 36.85
And this is for a 142 Husky...I looked all this up under Husky 142 and put in the same numbers and they all came up as poulan parts...

And the muffler to if you want I can get the part number for that and look it up too if you wish..The only I found so far was the top cover is not a poulan and the decals.. You make your mind up on what it is....Me I just think it is a color change and some very few husky parts...I not saying no more I do not want to get my butt in trouble for this.

Last edited:
begleytree said:
lol, I like going to the saw display at lowes. usually take the covers off orange ones and put them on yellow or green ones, and vice versa. shows everyone that they're all the same saw.
-Ralph

I visit that area also and it makes me want to vomit! I have always liked husky, and still do, but what a kick in the balls!:censored:

clearance said:
365 compared to 372XP, no contest.

Yeah, but you're also giving up 0.8HP. Wouldn't a more realistic comparison be between the 365 and the 357xp?

Just asking...I know you know much more about the subject than I.

I used a 357XP, have to say I would rather use a 365 for firewood, the 357 was awesome for dumping little and I mean little trees. Of course a 372 blows away a 365. I don't understand the .08, sounds like an impaired charge- did operate a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol level over .08

Tonka56 said:
Yeah, but you're also giving up 0.8HP. Wouldn't a more realistic comparison be between the 365 and the 357xp?

Just asking...I know you know much more about the subject than I.

A 359 and a 357XP would be the best comparison. The cc's are almost identical, so it shows the difference in tuning. They also happen to be the same chassis, so the weight difference of a larger chassis doesn't come into play.

Stock for stock, the 357XP is faster than the 359. Once modded, the difference isn't so great, as they have both been tuned to a similar level.

The only difference between a 346xp and a 353 is the engine, including the lack of a decomp valve on the 346xp. The carbs are the same.
In this case the max hp difference is just .1hp, and the larger engine of the 353 has a wider usable power band.

The 365 vs 372xp is a very different story, as the non-xp engine is the smaller one in that case, and there are other differences also.

Back