what is "XP"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Professional class. Better parts, less plastic. Meant for more serious wood cutting than casual firewood or home storm clean up

Still find it strange that the logo is identical between Stihl and husky.. you'd think one or the other would have trademarked it.. especially the logo if not the letter designation

I've personally never studied stihl enough to even know they had an xp version . Local dealers have no xp stihl on shelves when I'm looking for chains

cc8d4bf51d29f2a96478cd5f7dca6fed.jpg

390 is on my wish list. Is it just my eyes or is it that much smaller than the 661. No dealers besides stihl around so I can't put my hands on one before ordering

Historically speaking, during the mid to late 50s, husky started making saws full of "Pee". As the services and markets grew, management felt the need to distinguish the older "Pee" models ( having now gained a somewhat acrid aroma) from the newer, more balanced aromatic advanced models and chose the new "XP" signifying "additional strength "Pee" . The new branding has successfully deployed legions of fanboys and many content purchases and thus, the legend is born... "XP" for everyone and to all a good night ...

There are non XP models like the 555 that have exactly the same 'build quality' as XP models so the symbol is not related to the quality of material used in the saw. The difference however is in power so there for my vote goes to Extra Power with regards to XP. l can't believe l responded to this typically modern AS subject....forgive me l am bored but l am sure Sawtroll will be in shortly to give you the name of the guy who created the logo and its full history.

Back