What is your dream old saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stihlboy

stihlboy

Guess who's back
my dream saw is my grandfathers old mac that had a wind-up push button starter my cousin has it... my grandpa died of cancer in 1974 so i guess it would be nice to have something my mom can remember her dad by

Banshee

Banshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good Lord, that's $1300 more than the last NOS 090 I bought.:dizzy:

No kidding. That's 12 times higher than my first car. The car was used of course.
Still like to have one though. but I couldn't spend the money on unused condition though. The extra money I spent on unused condition would be wasted because I'd be out cutting with it the day it arrived.

Darkness77

Darkness77

ArboristSite Operative
I think an 090av would be the ducks nuts.
I went out with the FIL last week and was going to give my 660 a rest and use his 090. Damn thing refused to start for me and when the FIL gave it a go it still wouldn't start. This was the first time ever apparently. I think I may have to buy my own

MS460WOODCHUCK

MS460WOODCHUCK

Addicted to ArboristSite
I would like to get my paws on one of the huge old Poulan (5400,5600,6000) saws in real good shape!
I'll bet they would be fun for a short period of time.

Mike
I have owned all the big poulans at 1 time or another. My pick is the 5400! Even over the s6000 and the pp655 although the 655 is a bad dude!:cheers:

Mountainman

Mountainman

ArboristSite Operative
Depends on a few things. I miss the old 070s we used to run in the woods around these parts. An 090 would be even better. I wanted an 051 so bad, back when I was a teenager, that I could taste it. I finally bought one a few years back, and I really wasn't impressed. I'm spoiled by the 044, 372XP, 066. I would love to find a Homelite 870 in good shape with a wrap handle some day, or a Homie 5030N, which was my first saw at age 12. But my all time favorite, realistically, would have to be the venerable 041.