what is your thoughts on this mill.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick and dirty opinion, price is a little steep for something that weatherred, and a saw that was (at least partially) hand built/upgraded by the womans husband (the carriage and the hydraulics). Also looks like it's going to need an awful lot of elbow grease to get it operational again. Who knows how long those bearings and joints been sitting in the weather rusting away. Maybe for half that price... even then, you have to supply the power with a tractor yet. Might be somebodies ticket, but that's one I'd stay away from unless I had a lot of time on my hands and few other options. Sink your bucks into a used bandsaw mill.

You might be surprised how little it would take to be dropping lumber off of logs with that rig.

It sure could use some oil and elbow grease, but what if you could pick it up for a grand of so?

Price out a couple 12" I-beams 32 feet long?

Scrap price alone is close to what there wanting to get, if you add up all the gadgets and hardware.

If i were in the market, I think I would at least ask a few questions and maybe go take a look it it if there dose not seem a lot of bidding.

That might turn out to be one h311 of a mill?

You should look for someone in your area that does circle mill blade repair. Blades do need to be maintained and someone nearby is a big plus.

Ed

Back