What key words do you use?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Normally I just go with the specific make of equipment in search and make sure the dates they were posted are in our century. Some people here will pay u to take their "non running"

Around here there's a lot of people who post ads for 'not running OPE'.. saws, lawnmowers, and whatnot.. it's hard to get a good deal when there's dealers buying stuff back

I wish the small engine dealers would give me their junk equipment, all they do is send them to the dump. The dealer close to me tells me he throws away like 12 poulan saws a week along with a bunch of other equipment. I enjoy fixin them. Good friend of mine sent a poulan to the dealer actually was gonna charge 150 or throw away and I ended up fixin it for like 6 dollars

I wish the small engine dealers would give me their junk equipment, all they do is send them to the dump. The dealer close to me tells me he throws away like 12 poulan saws a week along with a bunch of other equipment. I enjoy fixin them. Good friend of mine sent a poulan to the dealer actually was gonna charge 150 or throw away and I ended up fixin it for like 6 dollars
I finally talk a few dealors close to me to save me there cylinders that they pitch. I tell them it's for practice but almost all of them get cleaned up and ran or sold.

Unlike eBay, the Craigslist search engine is not intuitive and will only return exact parameters. For example if you search chainsaw, chain saw, chainsaws, chain saws, you will get 4 different lists of results. Then of course a lot of people can't spell so if you search stihl, stilh, shtil, steel, and so forth you'll find the misspelled saws.
Often times I've found people just list a make and model and never mention chainsaw in their ad so a chainsaw search won't find it.
I don't have the time to search all the potentials but it definitely takes some work if you're searching for those special deals.

I went to a local pawn shop few weeks ago, they were selling saws and weedeaters for like 5 a piece I ended up with 8 saws but only payed 20 bucks for all, I picked the ones with best compression by pull cord. They only needed tuned, cleaned and fuel lines. Too bad we don't come across deals like that often though

There is 2 pallets of 55 huskys at the dealor by me. 200$ I'd buy it if there was a variety

Latest posts

Back