What kind of 2 stroke oil are you using??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned used motor oil or canola oil. :hmm3grin2orange:

I buy whatever oil the Stihl dealer has on the shelf which is always the STIHL ORANGE bottle. I'm a lemming. :clap:
[/QUOTE

:ices_rofl: The guy who advocated canola oil...isn't he the same guy who used Brillo pads for air cleaners? I don't think he lives here any more.

I'm experimenting with Mobile MX2T and Motul 800T to decide which one to settle on. It will probably be the MX2T since it is much easier to find. I thought about trying Klotz but have not as of yet. Dave Neiger, the gentlmen whom has built some of my saws thinks Klotz is great. However, I've read to many negatives. Mind you, I'm not judging Klotz, I'm just explaining why I've chosen not to use it.
Jay

I just bought a 6 pack of that Stihl HP Super.

I only bought it because it was 'super' and that old orange ???? didn't have any fancy words like HP or Super on the bottle.

I'll mix some up in my next gallon of gas.

Only to give advise and not open a can of worms. Most good two cycle oils for Air-Cooled engine do have a rating, especially the better ones. The one I look for when buying or selling Quality Oils is the JASO FC grade. This oil is for air cooled and it has little ash content and it lubricates great. We sell Husqvarna, RedMax, Pro-Mix and Tanaka Oils that have this on the label. One of the main issues is the ratio, which I feel 50 to 1 is as high as we like to go. We also sell other brands that do not list this grade but we can only inform the customer and not tell them what to buy. There are lots of good companies promoting quality oils. Good advise is find a good supplier and stick with it, meaning don't buy different brands every time the wind blows.

Mobil mx2t or amzoil sabre as I understand they share the same base oil??? What was it Bwalker said about it?(amzoil)
I never made that statement. What I said is that Scamsoil buys its baseoils fro Mobil.
The basestock and additive package used in MX2T, now is proprietary and Scamsoil doesnt have anything close to it.

I`ve used Castro since 78 and never had to do anything to my saw`s since
only normal maintenance.I only run Husqvarna.

I currently have Mobil 2r and Husky XP in the silver bottle on hand.
I would have no reservations about using Mobil 2R/MX2T, Yamalube 2R, Echo Powerblend, Husky XP silver, and Motul 600 or 800.
I also have a few gallons of Stihl Ultra HP coming. I hope its better than Stihls other two cycle oils.

Stihl HP Super (black bottle) 50:1 with premium gas.
Low smoke, never had any carbon issues with plugs or mufflers.

I want to try Stihl HP Ultra (white bottle, fully synthetic) in my 4-mix pole pruner & hedge trimmer.
Has anyone used this stuff?

I just purchased a 4 mix Kombi. Km 130. Was told that I would be much better off running Stihl Ultra, because anything other than a syn. will leave a lot of deposits. Kinda pricey, (2 1/2 gal. mix 6 pack - $25),but will take their advice for now.

On my saws I have used the Stihl orange bottle, and plan to continue.

I have one of those Amzoil dealers call me about once a week,a different one each time,trying to unload that stuff on me and tell me I can make a million dollars by turning into an amzoil dealer...Usually I don't even talk to them,I just hang up the phone.

I just bought a 6 pack of that Stihl HP Super.

I only bought it because it was 'super' and that old orange ???? didn't have any fancy words like HP or Super on the bottle.

I'll mix some up in my next gallon of gas.

Damn, can't concentrate on what you replied with your avatar staring at me.:cheers:

Cheap kind

I've been using 30 weight NON-detergent for years without any problems. I don't bother with any of the golden,purple,or any other over priced goop because you just BURN it. Save that stuff for 4 cycle crankcases. Before you guys set my head on fire read again that I've been doing this for YEARS. My dirt bikes,lawn boys,weed whippers,and my chainsaws without failure. Can't do it??? ah, ok I guess but all those fancy oils didn't exist that many years back so what did they use??? YOU GUESSED IT. Keep your cash in your pocket.

I run klotz R50 in everything i got. I've used it for years in my yz265 motocross bike, right down to my chainsaws and trimmers. It's made just for high rpm engines, and has very little carbon build up. Plus it smells cool.

Klotz R50 here in everything aswell, from snowmobiles to the lawn care equipment, to the outboard on the boat.

30 wt NON-Detergent

I read some of the posts and got a grin out of a few. I just don't see the point of synth-oils in a 2 stroke. I used to run nitro-methane in my VW Beatle but the cheap pump gas got the same mileage so I switched and it ran 275,000 miles on that crummy ol' non-synthetic dinosaur squeezed low octane gasoline. Now the old girl only gets low 20s' in the quarter mile instead of the high teens it did on the nitro-methane..LOL
BE SURE YOU USE ONLY NON-DETERGENT ....I get mine at tractor supply cheap.

I just purchased a 4 mix Kombi. Km 130. Was told that I would be much better off running Stihl Ultra, because anything other than a syn. will leave a lot of deposits. Kinda pricey, (2 1/2 gal. mix 6 pack - $25),but will take their advice for now.

On my saws I have used the Stihl orange bottle, and plan to continue.

You should be okay running the HP (orange bottle) in your Km130. If you run the unit at wot most of the time then the oil burns off and no deposits to accumulate.
The Ultra is just that much better of an oil being full synthetic it burns clean and no deposits to build up.:popcorn:

Whatevers available

Im a trapper cut pulp off and on burn wood for heat and live in the bush. I use a fair bit of cheap Canadian Tire 2 cycle oil buy it only when its on the super sale the smell of it does matter to me its whats cheapest. Its nice because its colored and easy to tell if the gas is mixed . If I run out I use outboard oil or automobile oil doent seem to make much difference wether its detergent or not I mix all my 2 cycle equipment 1 quart to 5 canadian gallons. if its really hot in the summer and Im cutting really tall grass and brush with the old Lawn Boys Ill add a bit more oil. I have been doing this for 35 years and have never cooked a chainsaw snowmobile lawnmower or outboard motor yet.My father ran a fishing resort for 49 years and all his motors were run the same way.I have the first outboard he bought brand new a 1951 Johnson 5hp model TN27 it still runs like a clock had a new piston and rings in 1959. I really enjoy the forums and enjoy everyones opnions we all dont agree all the time but who in life does.My opinion is do and use whatever makes you feel comfortable and whatever works for you is the best.

Latest posts

Back