What kit for Husky 350?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middleagemutant

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Boy picked me up a nice running Husky 350 at a garage sale for hundred dollars runs good starts on 2 pulls even cooled I would like to build it into a 346xp motor whats the best kit to get oem or aftermarket plan on replacing bearings and seals and carb manifold. Will keep using as is but would like to start collecting the parts to do it and part numbers or suggestions would be apreciated.

I might just do that it's a good running saw as is 2 pulls it's running no need to touch the primer everything works good

Those 52cc 350's can be made to run real strong with a flat top piston, base gasket delete and a muffler mod. I'd recommend trying those cheap mods and see if you still need a 346. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised. Granted the 346 is still pretty awesome.

Make sure those muffler bolts stay tight and the carb boot is updated. The two Achilles heels of this saw family.

It's a 45mm should I get a Meteor piston with caner rings for a 353? Will also be replacing bearings and seals it has the metal piston to carb boot band what brand bearings and seals?

Sounds like it's got the updated boot. Yeah meteor and caber rings are good to go. I've had good luck with el cheapo Hutzl pistons too. Your bearings and seals might be fine since it's a low hour saw. If you replace them go OEM b/c they come pressed together as a single unit. The after market seals are a pain to press on to the bearings. Use a sealant like yamahabond or Three Bond to seal the bearings/case to bearing cap and jug to cap.

There's a bunch of good threads on AS on 350 mods and YouTube videos that have way better how too's than I could ever write. Fun little saws to tinker with.

Brad enjoyed meeting you at the Spring GTG you built a friend of mines 346xp and it ran really good. I think I am going to go this route I already have a 2253 like the smaller high hp saws

That original top end runs just fine with a flat top piston. Try that first. If you need more juice than go for a 346xp kit.

Flat top meteor for a 353 works fine.

Oem 346XP kit ....buy from spike60 here on the forum.

Check my youtube channel for everything 350 related. ...including pulling brads 340350 apart....it was strong :)

Why not just wait for a roached 350 and leave the one you have alone? Normally don't need to look too hard to find one and normally don't need to pay too much (if anything) to snag one either. I have three and got them all for nothing. And Matt's definitely your guy for Youtubin' all things 350 for sure. (Walt) Afleetcommand is another great resource for sorting out the little differences among that series of saws. Between em you'll have the subject well covered.

But if you really want a NE346xp, just buy one and don't look back. You won't regret it.

Latest posts

Back