What Saw Is In Your Truck Just In Case.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brmorgan

Brmorgan

Addicted to ArboristSite
We had hurricane force winds overnight and 40 cm of snowfall, it felled a lot of trees. I plowed from 11 pm last night to 2.30 pm today, had to cut four good sized spruce trees off the roads where I plow so I could get through and open the roads up. There will be several dozen that will need cutting off at the base as they are close to horizontal and a few laying on house roofs and out buildings. Another busy day tomorrow and the saws will get a workout in the -15-20 weather,got to wait for the wind to drop. These are only small 16-24" dia. second growth trees and some rock maple that were taken over with the spruce trees but it will add in nicely with the rest of the firewood pile for next years burning.
Pioneerguy600

Yeah, down south here in BC is getting hammered pretty good with snow. It's too damn cold here for it to snow (-20 to -35C for the last two weeks) but we're all getting our winter entertainment watching the people on the news in Vancouver and Seattle trying to drive in the snow. It's just as funny every year, never gets old. Though I wish I were down there and could grab some of the nice boulevard hardwoods that are getting dragged down by the ice and snow. They're actually worried that the Lions Gate bridge could collapse under the weight of the ice!

Last edited:

Latest posts