What the heck is going on?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan_marine

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I am getting fire wood orders out the yazoo. I can hardly keep up. How are the rest of you doing on sales?

Ray

The Woodsman

:popcorn:firewood sales seem to be on hold this week is typial i reckon during this final week of the year~good 2 hear your doing well though~ maybe you could share with some local brothers if your swamped! seems the woods are plenty:rock:

Well the ones that are buying now are new customers. I just don't get why people that buy wood don't do it in the summer time. I normally have about 20-30 cords of green for next year by now. I only have 3 here at the house with about 50 needing brought home. Just can't do it and haul seasoned out of the woods at the same time. I am running out of seasoned trees to cut.

Ray

This was also our first big week as it turned cold, down in the low single digits for a couple of days, wind chill was brutal the last three days. Phone rang all day, several multiple cord orders, the largest was for eight. Until this week we had been running about 50% of last year. I sure hope it stays this way for a little while. Every body with a damn saw is selling wood here this year.
We've got one idiot advertising seasoned oak, you pick up for 25.00 a face cord. It's hard to compete against idiots like that. Hell, I may go buy off him if he's got decent wood and selling a true face cord. lol

I delivered 11 cords last week. Four of them were Kiln dried. I have another 3 cords going out tomorrow and one of that is kiln wood. I also delivered a cord today. It's hit of miss just when I think I am getting starting to get slow the phone will ring off the hook and sell a couple days worth of deliveries. The wine bar I sell to is up this year. They have bought 16 4'x8'x16" stacks. They are on pace for 36 stacks this year(12 true cords). Last year they did 10 cords. I need to find a few more places like that.

Scott

well here in tennessee i'm usely selling like 15 to 20 ricks a month last year.but this year it's been nothing but 4 ricks sold and that it and that fellers from last year that liked the way the wood burnt and everything.i don't know what the heck is goin on here.but i know everyone is out with a saw cutting wood and selling it cheaper then dirt.like this one guy he takes and cuts everyday st 35.00 bucks a load how can someone compete with that.and he's wearing it out. and you know how i know he's lives right next door to me and he says he's makeing a killing.but they is no way he is because he is paying more in fuel then he is selling wood for.i about called him a dumbass when he told me that.but all i got to say is wear them out becuase i'll get him next year thats for sure.because i'm building a 24' deep by 20' wide by a 15' tale wood shed and i know people see that they will say it's really seasoned and buy the heck out of it

I am sold out of 2 yr old split wood. I am now working on my 1 yr old seasoned stacks. Have plenty of green for next year too. We deliverd 13 loads in 1 day 2 weeks ago.

Slow here....Sold 1/2 cord in the past week and a half. I'm a first timer, so I guess that's to be expected. Selling at $180/cord delivered and stacked. :dunno:

I dont sell forewood but have a friend that does, he has been pretty busy the last few weeks. Winter came early here in southeastern ky.Usually our worst part of winter is january to middle of febuary.we had more snow in december than we had all last winter.

I've moved a fair bit of wood, and have noticed the volume of ads on CL in this area has dropped significantly. I assume that a good bit of the sellers are out of inventory. I wouldn't really espect a lot of sales this time of year as you should have had your wood put up already, but I read somewhere that people today have more of a "now" mentality I think it was called, and think of wood as something you just pick up the phone a get. No need to stockpile or prepare in advance.

Back