What The "Pros" (fallers) Are Wearing To Work and Saw Choice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pecker poles?

cid_1_3755735667_web44803_mail_sp1_yahoo.jpg

How that that pic get on the net?

Me on halloween last year in my tree costume! :laugh:

He does not run because he did not need to. Notice he never turns his back to what's going on once, and has a perfect line of sight to whole scenario. There is almost an illusion here, the tree went out, down, and away from him. He is looking for debris all the while as well. Looks like a 30 year log cutter.

I really hesitated to post any comment given the guy's history (and my lack of history). I was tricked by the angle on that video I guess. It looked too close for comfort.

I really hesitated to post any comment given the guy's history (and my lack of history). I was tricked by the angle on that video I guess. It looked too close for comfort.

I was almost maxed out on the telescopic lens, so I think it did look a bit closer. He does know what he's doing. If you could watch more, he's moving at what looks like a slow pace, but is actually pretty efficient. Work long enough and you'll get a pace going that might not be fast, but is steady and will get as much done as the fast, jerky guys.

I hope to get some film of the local guy who is known to be one of the best around when it comes to falling in thinnings. I've worked around him before and he also has a great and quick sense of humor.

The illusion factor. Better to be safe than dead though!

Just little pecker poles, eh??????

WELL!!!! My third cousin's Dad's neighbor knows a guy that lives next to a lady that use to date a guy that was related to a logger. He told me, so I know!!! :mad: Smart mouth LOL

Which side of the Tasman is that photo from ?

They're Eucs and I wouldn't have thought the early plantings in NZ could've grown that large, but I'm happy to be wrong.

no idea. google found it

I belive I just searched for new zealand old growth or new zealand huge tree or something. Lots of big wood there it seems.

Toilet paper in the woods

In these parts, there are usually convenient leaves, grass, or an another
emergency tissue available deep in the woods, just don't use the poison
oak.

Swigging on the bottle while running chainsaws:
I would not recommend this practice, but I have knew old loggers east
of the Big Muddy that did it ever day & survived till their 70's & passed
for another reason.
One of them hauled mules to work for use as skidders behind a truck after
WW2.

I got it now. And this was the gal down the street.

RedwoodCountry.jpg

Ha! Where's that tree Randy? There's one in the Armstrong Redwoods park that's even more 'obvious' than that. Dang.......................Jenn just took the girls there for a school field trip a couple of days ago. I've wanted to get a pic of that tree for a while. Too bad I didn't think to have her snap a couple.:givebeer:

That Redwood is in the Paraire Creek State Park, near Orick, there has been recent reports of Bigfoot activity.

Bigfoot, that's just like mountain lions don't exist in PA, I've seen 2 mountains lions in the past two weeks. The one I saw coming home from the races last Saturday, it was about 8ft long with it's tail, and I'm guessing it weighed around 160lb.

Bigfoot, that's just like mountain lions don't exist in PA, I've seen 2 mountains lions in the past two weeks. The one I saw coming home from the races last Saturday, it was about 8ft long with it's tail, and I'm guessing it weighed around 160lb.

Panthers are thick here, there was an attack at that Park a couple years ago.

Which side of the Tasman is that photo from ?

They're Eucs and I wouldn't have thought the early plantings in NZ could've grown that large, but I'm happy to be wrong.

Yeah Rick I think that photo was taken in Australia. Probably a Eucalyptus regnans? Big tree anyway but definately Eucalyptus as are the trees in the background.

Here's a shorter video. And don't move here. You may visit but don't move.
Too many people moved here. The fishing isn't what it used to be nor is the hunting.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v0QtuKICJJ0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v0QtuKICJJ0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Oh my god??? He backbarred WITH a full wrap handle?
He knows what he's doing that's for sure. He knew where that tree was going the whole time...

Here's some of the native trees you'll find in the bush down here

Matai
matai.jpg

Totara
totara.jpg

Red beech
red beech.JPG

Rimu
800 year rimu.jpg

Rata
rata.jpg

Kahikatea