what to buy husky 372xp or 395xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honda12967

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Lookin to get a new saw do mostly climbing. I work with tree companys, excavting companies, and land scapers on weekends. And get some jobs from friends and family. I do mostly climbing, but i do do alot of ground work to, i have a stihl 460 and 200t. Love the saws but im stuck between do i get somthing similar to the 460 like a 372xp, but i do run into some jobs where i need like a 36". I use 395s a decent amount at some jobs saw runs mint. Do a buy a 372 i would use alot more, or is it a 395 that would be use half the time, but real handy to those bigger cuts.

I'd get a 660. :hmm3grin2orange:

But if it has to be between the two choices you made, I'd go 395. 372 is just too close to the 460 to make any sense to me.

I am a Husky man but in your case you already have 2 Stihl saws so I would say it is in your best interest to keep all your saws the same so get a MS660 IMO its the best saw Stihl makes!

660 all the way

This saw will handle your big wood your bars from the 460 will fit. This will also take the load off your 460 if you have ever put a 36"bar on it.

The MS660 lost a lot of power due to the EPA, the old square top 066's had more cajones. I'd go with the 395, it'll do a better job pulling a 36" bar than the MS660 will.

Trade your 460 for a 576 autotune and send it to mastermind and you will be all set

i was leaning more along the lines of a 395, just need a little help to open the wallet that much more. I used to work at a saw shop that has husky and stihl, so i get some nice deals and see alot of the common problems with models. I love my stihls but ran a few huskys and loved them i have an old 066 in my basement just needs to many parts to finish. as for limbing i have an 026 and a little echo 520, opened the muffler up on the echo and tweaked the adjustments and it rips. Every one i work with laughs when i bring out an echo but by the end of the day they love it so light and powerful.

The only thing i would like on a 372 is its nice to have when i have someone helping me or if somthing happens to my 460.

The 395 is a great saw, get a 36" and a 24" bar for it, should cover all needs + I like the color

Cary

Latest posts

Back