What was the show room price of an 036 PRO?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveSS

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Brand spanking new, when they were still being made, what was new, out the door cost? Reason I ask, is because I'm contemplating buying a saw that looks like it's fresh off the show room floor. Seller says it has two tanks on the saw, so it's not NOS, but it's close. I think he's priced a tad high, so trying to gather a ball park for an offer.

Aside from the original question, if you were to happen upon a minty 036 PRO, what is the max you would offer for it, PHO?

I pretty much have enough saws, really I do, but I want this one too. I just don't want to over pay for it. :D

Sorry. No pics.

Hmm I have no idea.I'm sure $600 for a prime example would be close.a super nice non pro one from nmurph was like $450 back last year.that was pho too.

Brand spanking new, when they were still being made, what was new, out the door cost? Reason I ask, is because I'm contemplating buying a saw that looks like it's fresh off the show room floor. Seller says it has two tanks on the saw, so it's not NOS, but it's close. I think he's priced a tad high, so trying to gather a ball park for an offer.

Aside from the original question, if you were to happen upon a minty 036 PRO, what is the max you would offer for it, PHO?

I pretty much have enough saws, really I do, but I want this one too. I just don't want to over pay for it. :D

Sorry. No pics.

If I had need of a saw I would pay $500 in a heartbeat since a 362 is now around $750, still hoping my brother will decide to part with his 361 he has not started in 2 yrs. Cause I need 3 60cc saws

There is not always a correlation between the current value of a NOS saw and what it sold for originally. A prime example would be the MS200 that was selling for far more than list after it was discontinued. Of course, it can go the other was as well.

There is not always a correlation between the current value of a NOS saw and what it sold for originally. A prime example would be the MS200 that was selling for far more than list after it was discontinued. Of course, it can go the other was as well.
Good point. Thank you. I think I'll just make an offer that I think is fair. My definition of fair and his may be a bit out of whack though. It's ok, I really don't need the saw.

I offered the guy $450 pho and he declined. Said he had an offer of $600 w/bar and chain. All good. Thanks guys. I'll post a link a link in the "saw it on CL" thread up in stickies so you all can see it.

You were correct.$415 with shipping.seemed like steve gave more for it.i stand corrected fellows it was more like $390 after shipping.i would still give $500-$600 for the same saw in the same condition neal sold that one in.btw its doing great so far.;)

I offered the guy $450 pho and he declined. Said he had an offer of $600 w/bar and chain. All good. Thanks guys. I'll post a link a link in the "saw it on CL" thread up in stickies so you all can see it.
Man thats too bad.maybe the buyer will give it a good home.

I think $500 would be fair price for the buyer and seller. Keeping in mind that despite its unused condition it still has chronological age and that depreciates the saw as the crank seals, fuel and impulse lines, carb parts are aged as well as the rubber isolators, etc. So even a NIB saw that old in my opinion does not have as much value as a new one of recent manufacture date. Plastic and rubber gets brittle with age despite its usage level. If this is a shelf saw, the above does not apply but if you want a saw to cut with, consider its age.

Latest posts

Back