What Wildlife Do You See, While in the Woods?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If a man is in the forest and no woman is around, is he still wrong?

Apparently, according to my ex. She claims that I am always wrong about everything. Therefor I am the all unknowing. Which is as impossible as being the all knowing, but she refused to see that aspect of reality. Logic and reason does not apply to women.

Of course now I can legally marry Yukon John and be done with women. If only... I were gay.

View attachment 432686
Sorry. Pre coffee.

Koalas aren't a very nice animal.
They are drunk all the time - as the eucalypt leaves ferment in their gut.
They stink - a lot.
They have a huge incidence of an std, I think chlamydia.

The Japanese tourists still love having their photo taken with them.
It's really easy to scare American and Canadian tourists with tales of "drop bears", especially in spring when they call to each other. They have a weird call, sounds like an atv climbing a muddy hill, so that helps with the stories. But I still don't get how guys who live places with real bears can be afraid of Australia wildlife - even made up "drop bears"

Arrghhh!! Thanks, I think. That poor guy in the photo! I hope you killed the dropbear. Killed it with fire. Do you work for the DDFM?

We got it all deer, moose, elk, bear, turkeys, wolves, caribou, grizzlies oh I already said bears, wolverines, coyotes. But by far the largest population of wildlife we have is drunken transplant tourists, this time of year is the worst, they just keep coming. Not much you can do with em, state won't give us a season, not even a one day season, about all you can do is wait till they school up in the fall and head back to what they call civilization. Then we're left to the deer and elk, happy days.

When we first moved into this house, in the springtime I would hear what I thought was a farmer over the hill trying to start his tractor. He'd get it going and start to rev it up but it died - over and over and over again. I even drove down there to try to find him and give him a hand seeing as I was an auto mechanic. I was so frustrated with that tractor not starting. It was not long after I found the real source - grouse doing their mating wing flap. Wife and I had a good laugh over that one!

We have the usual bush turkeys, wallabies, glider possums, owls, dingoes, black cockatoos, parrots, pigeons, funnel webs, deadly snakes & lyre birds which imitate chainsaws, dozers, jake brakes & mobile phone sounds & in the afternoon we have ....
Thansk

When we first moved into this house, in the springtime I would hear what I thought was a farmer over the hill trying to start his tractor. He'd get it going and start to rev it up but it died - over and over and over again. I even drove down there to try to find him and give him a hand seeing as I was an auto mechanic. I was so frustrated with that tractor not starting. It was not long after I found the real source - grouse doing their mating wing flap. Wife and I had a good laugh over that one!
When I was a young person I would hear some guy cranking on a chainsaw, that went on for more years than I would like to admit.

Back