what will it lift?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shirt thats alot of wood,we got on a fire salvage sale on the res. a couple years back,clearcut of course all large second growth no trash,and i could skid 8 loads a day in my sleep...i had never seen it that good the logs were big but not too big...

doug,white,sugar,pondo,your regular stuff,and no not that i can tell it cuts just the same to me,other than the whites generally disintegrate on impact,you definately want to maintenance your filters properly but,we love the burns it is the only time we have made good money as is there is generally high volume in small areas...

I'll have to find my slides and have them made into prints. I worked on a burn salvage near Klamath Falls in 93?? Both Columbia and Erickson were flying logs and they had service landings near each other. I noticed Columbia had newer travel trailers. Most of the wood was ponderosa and there was a race to get it out before breakup or before bluing set in.

Erickson started out with a Bell 210? It had Thumper painted on the front.
Then Columbia moved in and started on a nearby sale with their Vertol. Not all the wood was large. In fact, my slides are of several bunches of small logs choked to each other being flown in.

I had to leave, right when Erickson was moving in the skycrane. There was definitely a competition going between the two companies.
This was the place that my feet were first ridiculed.:mad:

i actually live in southern new mexico about 100 miles from mexico,i live at 8600'and it gets as high as 12,000 unique little area,so you guys are moving hardwoods then,out here it is all softwood logging...

...this one was a little over 5000 acres,lit off at 11 in the morning and stalled by four in the afternoon it was a fast mover but ran out of fuel...big timber?i fell a handfull of four footers big for here,but there was a 5 to 6 footer i was eyeballin and jonny the logger from the canyon over got in a beef with my boss and mowed it down on a saturday,not the kind of guy i was gonna argue with though...

around here is it all hardwood. i've cut a few of them upwards a 7' on the stump...so i get into a few big'uns. they are fun to cut but a pita to deal with.

in the beginning of april i flew into el paso to buy a truck. so i wasn't all that far from you bullbuck.

around here is it all hardwood. i've cut a few of them upwards a 7' on the stump...so i get into a few big'uns. they are fun to cut but a pita to deal with.

in the beginning of april i flew into el paso to buy a truck. so i wasn't all that far from you bullbuck.

no you where not far at all,70 miles as the crow flies...there is a nice little stretch of mountains here if you are not pressed for time...

Well where I lived the whole mountain burned in the 1930's started by a bolt of lightning, there wasn't a tree left. It's been almost 80 years and I guess the big oaks survived, but for only 80 years+/- the pines and hemlocks grew back fast.

round these parts if it burns hot we get scrub oak,the elk love it though...

Back