What ya Eats

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can eat your cookies and probably the Donettos. Woman made is OK. :laugh:

Have Donettos reappeared on the shelves of all the mini-marts yet? I'd check our local one but they might be pretty old Donettos. Maybe not, they get a lot of log truck driver business. :msp_smile:

Thank you ma'am. I feel better now.

Donettos have a shelf life roughly the same as nuclear waste. I'm sure there are some still left. There might even be some in the glove box of the crummy. Just for emergencies ya know.

Sure it's depressing but so is a heart attack and diabetis............. I was scared when I got that new's from sawbones. I slip now and then but over all just feel way better.

I will slam a Boston Filled now and then lol

Dog_River

No it won't, it won't thank me at all. Quite the opposite... it will get all confused and irritated and aggravated and out of synch with the natural order of things.

Nothing man made? No Donettos? That's just depressing.

I eat whatever is in the fridge for breakfast. And lately lunch has been pork and beans, viena sausages, nabs, pepsi, and little debbie cakes. If you are going to be in the truck or in an enclosed cab, I would skip the pork and beans.:bad_smelly:

Nabs? Waz zat?

I agree with eating small portions all day long. I get sleepy after lunch if I eat a big meal. Also I eat lots a greens at night, veggies and salad. Remember real loggers eat Brussells sprouts. Lots of sprouts.

Donettos are nasty. I still eat them once in awhile. I like a Chrystal Light energy in a bottle of water come mid-afternoon or I may sip a Costco 5 Hour energy. Red Bull sugarless is good too but it's best cold.

You eat brussels sprouts? Voluntarily? I didn't know that anybody over the age of six ate those things if they didn't have to.

Might as well eat those little balls of green moss that grow on the weather side of the garage roof.

Sprouts, artichokes, asparagus, broccoli, Mmmmmmmmm! tomatoes, Mmmmmmm to the 8th power. all that's needed is some butter, santa maria seasoning, mayo, or balsamic vinegar...

Just don't eat anything you find in the glove box of someone else's crummy.

But thats where the real goodies are hiding.:D

...and developing new and interesting mold spores. :D We had a guy who was trimming the green punky edges off of a package of cinnamon rolls. He found the package stuffed behind the seat of a skidder. The skidder had been parked at the shop all fall and winter so those rolls must have been at least six months old. Where they weren't moldy they were brittle.
He figured that if he got most of the green stuff off they'd be good to eat if he dunked them in his coffee.

That's some good thinking right there !

Dog_River

...and developing new and interesting mold spores. :D We had a guy who was trimming the green punky edges off of a package of cinnamon rolls. He found the package stuffed behind the seat of a skidder. The skidder had been parked at the shop all fall and winter so those rolls must have been at least six months old. Where they weren't moldy they were brittle.
He figured that if he got most of the green stuff off they'd be good to eat if he dunked them in his coffee.

You ever dunked brussels sprouts in your coffee? They won't get soggy in a sec.

If you roll up the log road and find an encampment of long haired dirty tree hugger hippies....and they offer you a brownie....decline.

Check this out. Disregard the diet stuff and do the formula to see how many calories a day your body requires. It might surprise you.

Metabolism Calculator

I don't know much about nutrition but I always try to eat a good breakfast and lunch and go heavy on the meat with both. Peanutbutter is good but take it easy on the jelly. For quick energy snacks I like those little boxes of raisins or a couple of bags of peanuts. I try to stay away from sugar snacks after lunch...when the sugar wears off it makes me feel draggy.

I like to carry coffee in the winter and Gatorade is good any time. I've tried Red Bull and those 5 Hour Energy things and all they did was make me jittery with no real increase in energy. I try to stay hydrated.

Now, all that being said and despite all my good advice about avoiding sugar and eating healthy...I still like to stop in the morning on the way to the woods and have some plain old ordinary 7-11 coffee. And Donettos. If there aren't any Donettos an eclair will do just fine.:laugh:

The sugar does wear off fast and make you crash.Oatmeal for breakfast ,bagels and egg sandwiches for lunch, then if tired later fresh fruit will pick you back up.

Sprouts, artichokes, asparagus, broccoli, Mmmmmmmmm! tomatoes, Mmmmmmm to the 8th power. all that's needed is some butter, santa maria seasoning, mayo, or balsamic vinegar...

Kid, it sounds like you have fallen asleep too many times with a health food show on. Start tuning into Diners, Drive-ins and Dives more often - you'll thank me later. Ron

Half dozen eggs every morning. Wheat toast with butter. Cream of wheat. A pot a coffee.

Somekind of soup thats warm in my thermos. Poptarts, mixed nuts, trail mix and another thermos of coffee.

Half dozen eggs every morning. Wheat toast with butter. Cream of wheat. A pot a coffee.

Somekind of soup thats warm in my thermos. Poptarts, mixed nuts, trail mix and another thermos of coffee.

Damn, old son, that's a jag of vittles :rock:
It reminds me of the breakfast list for Paul Bunyan's crew in the The Loggers

Ahhhh, Pop Tarts. They are my emergency food. They last forever. I pulled one out of The Used Dog's pack that had been in there for a year, and it was still good for me to eat.

The only problem is that they are fragile.

Latest posts

Back