What's an 024 worth?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PB

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
How much would you pay for a good running 024?

2777261200901031618241.jpg

Isn't that thing the wrong colors for you? I just sold a very nice one with a new OEM piston for $160. Probably could have gotten more, but the I know the guy, and he needs a good saw. I'd start at $75 and add $1 for every pound of compression over 130.

My local pawn shop had one a few months ago with a price tag of $299.00-
I had to laugh at that one. I could see a pristine specimen going for a bit over 200, but most of them being about 150.

Isn't that thing the wrong colors for you? I just sold a very nice one with a new OEM piston for $160. Probably could have gotten more, but the I know the guy, and he needs a good saw. I'd start at $75 and add $1 for every pound of compression over 130.

There is one for sale locally and was wondering if it was a good deal. They are asking $135 for it. I think I will pass on it.

You are right, it is the wrong color. Was think it might be a good way to get some extra cash for the wedding, but honestly after the last fiasco I don't think it is worth the headache.

:cheers:

$100-150 depending on condition.

Funny that the 024 is worth 1/2 of an 026 but is not 1/2 as powerful...

There is one for sale locally and was wondering if it was a good deal. They are asking $135 for it. I think I will pass on it.

You are right, it is the wrong color. Was think it might be a good way to get some extra cash for the wedding, but honestly after the last fiasco I don't think it is worth the headache.

:cheers:

Good call. 024's run well, but they just don't sell very quickly. I considered putting an 026 crank and top end in the one I sold, but it just wasn't worth the hassle.

Just rebuilt one for myself, ive sold a couple and the highest i got was $140 with a new B&C. I my opinion keep it if you own it its worth more to the owner than what you'd get selling it.

Back