whats everyone burning right now?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:msp_biggrin: 56f here right now. supposed to cool down a bit for a few days but mainly mid 50's. Which is warm enough for working outside pouring MUD.

49 here now and raining (again)

With 11 mph winds

I just checked the interweb about the weather and it says Humidity is at 74% and it's raining :jester:

And it's 78 degrees in the house fire place is putting out the heat

I've sharpen my chains that I've been using (8 chains) cleaned all my saws this morning now what

And NO im not cleaning my bench !

View attachment 291114

This is all that's left for seasoned wood until September just about 1 1/2 cords

View attachment 291125

View attachment 291126

Last edited:
Ran out of box alder, got the OWB fired with bias ply tires now. ####in things aren't worth a crap, I gots to load it 4 times a day....Radials last at least a week :dizzy:

The only thing we are burning is gas in the rototiller!

Peppers and tomatoes have been in the ground a week.

And, a hard freeze for about 6 hours will wipe out those peppers and tomatoes and send them all to plant heaven. It happened to me in May of 1995. This year I live in North Dakota. Last year I lived in Texas. In both years I actually lived in Nebraska.

And, a hard freeze for about 6 hours will wipe out those peppers and tomatoes and send them all to plant heaven. It happened to me in May of 1995. This year I live in North Dakota. Last year I lived in Texas. In both years I actually lived in Nebraska.

This year, we live in da swamp Ed..

attachment.php

Another Weather Victim

attachment.php
Good grief, that's a mess, Hedge. Glad it came a week after the GTG. I noticed water was a bit heavy in early April even here (alias Drought City, USA). We picked up another inch of rain and wet snow today and have over 4" of rain on board since the GTG.

Worse yet, I acquired $50,000 in hail damage to my house. The roof shingles are completely destroyed along with sky lights, window sills, etc. and the back deck wiill need major work. Golf ball hail fell for about an hour and then it snowed a couple of inches on top of the ice from the sky. My small subdivison alone has over $10 million in damages.

Great spring we are having. :msp_angry:

Soft maple and other crap all winter. Now it's spring and burning red oak. What an idiot.

Good grief, that's a mess, Hedge. Glad it came a week after the GTG. I noticed water was a bit heavy in early April even here (alias Drought City, USA). We picked up another inch of rain and wet snow today and have over 4" of rain on board since the GTG.

Worse yet, I acquired $50,000 in hail damage to my house. The roof shingles are completely destroyed along with sky lights, window sills, etc. and the back deck wiill need major work. Golf ball hail fell for about an hour and then it snowed a couple of inches on top of the ice from the sky. My small subdivison alone has over $10 million in damages.

Great spring we are having. :msp_angry:

AAAAkkkk!

Well, I know it sucks, but...pics? Thats some serious damage man...

Pine. Looking at a long dead box elder that's snapped off and hanging off the ground, might go get it this weekend. Not getting much warmer here in the near future, and my "shoulder wood" pile is still a little depleted after last year's non-winter. S###ty part is the 6" of new white slop on the ground, and it hasn't quit yet. Might even need to plow the frickin driveway. :angry::taped:

Only going to be 40deg here today with a mix of rain and snow tonight and over the weekend. Been burn'n red elm, box elder, and some white and red oak mixed in there. Brother had a good sized walnut and a couple box elders go down on his property this winter, so we are going to do some clean up next Sat. if the rain quits and the ground firms up.
Long spring is ok with me. Moisture was well needed, but am ready for some sun.

Bub

attachment.php

Have you ever wondered what causes this kinda backup? I have and followed the creek later to see just what did. 95 times out of 100 it is something man made. Water now a days just does not have any place to go. So much pavement it can't find the ground.

Latest posts

Back