whats everyone burning right now?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday I built a new fire pit so today I tried it out with some fallen sticks and twigs I found in the yard while raking and a few pieces of maple. It was nice to relax after a long weekend of yard work and the kids tried roasting some Marshmallows.

Only thing burning down is my cigarette and it goes great with my coffee mmm now if i had some pie :laugh:
i have not burned any wood since mid april.

Sounds like you need a harvester....;)

me, I dont mind mowing, thats what drags in the bank debt notes....I like sawing a lot, but, at this point anyway, doesnt make me anything but stacks of wood. Thats nice, but insurance company wont trade for wood, grocery store wont trade for wood, truck stop wont trade for wood, the vet wont trade for wood, internet and cellphone companies wont trade for wood, (etc. and so on) and outright selling it around here is a joke, everyone and their cuzzin is sitting on stacks of wood and the demand isnt that high to begin with....I think the entire local demand is met after every storm, with just blowdowns and cleanup. If I was able to handle sawlogs, that would be a different story, but I am not, you need like a grapple truck and skidder and so forth, aint got that, they cost a lot upfront, so the point is moot.

I trade firewood/fence posts for dentistry work,tyres,pet vet,some vehicle repairs,electrician work etc,have done so for many years.It works for me .:cheers:

bout ready to burn some freon ,its warm today

So that's what you call it "warm" 81 degrees here

Just spent 6 hours doing the lawn and flower beds it's damn hot out there

OH; don't tell anyone it's nice here in PNW they might want to move here

Last edited:
The OWB will be cold by this evening, I think. Finally!! I used up all my 'good' wood, and was burning some junk that was laying around.

Friday, it would have been burning non-stop for 6 months. Missed it by 3 days! Long winter in Minnesota.

Jon

Burned some cherry and oak last night to knock the chill off. It's been raining for like 3 days straight and no sun so kinda cool at night.

Damp on the East coast...

Finishing off a "junk" Box Elder, interesting wood. Maple family me thinks. Looks just like silver maple with brilliant red steaks in it. Burns nice as long as its dry. Add a little shag bark hickory for cozy effect ;)

mmm fruit wood...cherry

Burned some cherry and oak last night to knock the chill off. It's been raining for like 3 days straight and no sun so kinda cool at night.

and Oak for a nice bed of coals! Two of my Favs!

Finishing off a "junk" Box Elder, interesting wood. Maple family me thinks. Looks just like silver maple with brilliant red steaks in it. Burns nice as long as its dry. Add a little shag bark hickory for cozy effect ;)

Yes it is, it's the cousin of the maple family no one wants to admit to. They can actually be tapped for syrup.

Still don't like em one bit, but if I'm cutting em, I'm burning em.

No fire in the stove to report for the last couple days, basement is getting kinda cool though, maybe a small fire tomorrow night, I've got a little wood left down there to get rid of.

Latest posts

Back