What's Hittin' the Grill or Smoker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!!

The girlfriend really liked it.

I took 3 chunks over to the neighbor. After the first one he said "I am really liking your new hobby."

After the second one I asked him what he though it was. He replied "roast beef. Damn good roast beef"

As he finished the last one I told him it was venison.

He just looked at me and said that he never ever had venison that tasted like that.:D
I like how your steaks were cut thicker. I am going to ask my butcher to do that next year.

I marinade my wild game for as long as possible, usually 3 days before cooking. Really takes any undesired taste out of the meat. And cooking rare to medium rare makes a big difference too.

I like how your steaks were cut thicker. I am going to ask my butcher to do that next year.

I marinade my wild game for as long as possible, usually 3 days before cooking. Really takes any undesired taste out of the meat. And cooking rare to medium rare makes a big difference too.

I soaked them in salt water for a couple hours to get a lot of the blood out.

All I used on the outside was a rub I had.

Smoked bacon and Blu cheese burgers.

150* for about a hr and a half, then in a pan to sear and bring internal to 135*

Gosh were they good.
IMG_20161210_173322269.jpg

IMG_20161210_183136657.jpg

A couple pics. of my new venture since my old grill is dedicated to waxing traps, I decided to buy a small electric smoker, ( thanks to you guys ) so far I like it better than a grill. some big chicken legs that even mamma liked, I am happy!

Thanks guys! you know who you all are, one of which is not here now!
edit again, Thanks for breaking me Lol. :)

Attachments

• 100_1049.JPG
    100_1049.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • 100_1051.JPG
    100_1051.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • 100_1059.JPG
    100_1059.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • 100_1065.JPG
    100_1065.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
A couple pics. of my new venture since my old grill is dedicated to waxing traps, I decided to buy a small electric smoker, ( thanks to you guys ) so far I like it better than a grill. some big chicken legs that even mamma liked, I am happy!

They look fantastic.

edit again, Thanks for breaking me Lol. :)
Looks great!

Well, the girls liked the chicken legs so much I decided to rub down 13 more for a 24 hr. soak in the fridge to do tomorrow.

You've just hit the tip of the iceberg.
When you start doing other meats and side dishes, the girls will declare you King.
Sounds like you have a loyal following already.

Decided to do half today. put them in at 4 pm and out at 7:05 when the thermometer started beeping at 165 IT. Decided to use a aluminum pan to see how they turn out. It took about 30 minutes longer in the pan than on the racks. Still turned out good. Will do the other half tomorrow straight on the racks and compare. ( like this smoking thing. )

Attachments

• 100_1073.JPG
    100_1073.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 100_1076.JPG
    100_1076.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
Decided to do half today. put them in at 4 pm and out at 7:05 when the thermometer started beeping at 165 IT. Decided to use a aluminum pan to see how they turn out. It took about 30 minutes longer in the pan than on the racks. Still turned out good. Will do the other half tomorrow straight on the racks and compare. ( like this smoking thing. )
If you like chicken, you'll love pork. A perfectly smoked slab of baby back ribs, is a true culinary delight.

Back