What's on your bench? 3-14-10

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too many.

011 AVT being built for a buddy.
036 pro gets new bearings, if I can get my hands on a case splitter.
024 case gets an 026 crank and a side adjust conversion. Both cases need split.
028 Super still getting dialed in, the switch is finicky.
028 Super #2 is in line for a new set of crank seals.
009 in line for a new case gasket
012 needs a case gasket.
056 Mag 2 is all apart, general restoration
Another 056 Mag 2 needs a SEM module, I think.
Another 056 Mag 2 may have bar oil getting in to the crankcase.

P1000065.JPG

Cylinders and pistons, lots of them, spring cleaning started with the boxes of drums and is now into boxes of cylinders.

Putting together a P/C library so it is taking a while.

Literally on the bench right now I have:

Two Dolmar 143's being rebuilt, one needs a piston.
One Dolmar 9010 Needs the tank repaired, thermal weld on the plastic.
One Stihl 034 another thermal weld repair on a tank.
One Stihl 192T getting a new piston and rings, otherwise a new saw.
One Stihl 026 seals.
One Stihl 051AV Full restore to better than new.
Three Echo CS-8000's will be one, maybe two runners, part out the rest.
One Stihl 011AVE Needs ignition, whice is setting next to it in a box.
One Echo CS-4600 needs a rubber mount and then getting some port work done.

It's a big bench.:greenchainsaw:

Mr. HE:cool:

lots of junk.
a 288xp waiting for a wrist pin bearing, and me to turn th 066 to fit... cant wait to get this one done and in the wood

btw great thread brad

My dad's Husky 41. The starter gear is worn out, the fuel line was cracked, and the fuel filter never replaced. All ordered. Saw is apart, cleaned, and waiting on the bench.

To be followed up with a Poulan Micro XXV Deluxe. A parts saw is inbound to use. The Poulan is being restored for sentimental reasons.

After those are done, the old David Bradley will get restored.

My bench is packed with stuff for me to do! I have (2) Mac 250's up there, the one runs the other I was just trying to get going today, needs a fuel line first and then we'll see. I a 024 that I'm messing with, that'll be my first port job, along with the new 880 I was srewing with Muff modding today. Then I have a 7900 pipe that needs finished welding and a couple other little aluminium projects that need finished as soon as my TIG is fixed. And yes that is all on my bench at the moment:(

Are you going to do anything with the rev limiter on the 880? That would drive me crazy!

Project list:

Bathroom/Bed room renovation. Going to tear out the walls and redo both with a different configuration....old farm house..its time.

2000 Dodge Durango rear axle. The oldest daughter left it 4wd going back and forth to school/work on dry pavement for a few days...while I was fixing her car..took the bearings/spider gears out of the rear axle...something had to give after a few hundred miles!

2001 VOR 503 motor. Been sitting on the bench too long. Time to finish.

Details for Jonsered 820 built with a new Golf Piston ( Had to make clearance so the piston skirt would clear the crank...an experiment! A 920 piston/cylinder awaits should the gold shank!). Needs a few rubber gromets to complete...and I want to get the heated handles rewired to work...almost ready for work!

Husqvarna 272 ...need a few detail to complete. Oil pump & that round plastic cover/guard behind the clutch. Then a muffler mod.

New oil and fuel lines for my Homelite 540...and if I can find one, a 8800 tank/ handle to replace the 540 plastic one!

A basket case XL-900 series Homelite is next. (903 Cylinder)

Last edited:
No room on the bench right now, when I get back next month I need to go through this lot to see what I have and what to do with it all:

attachment.php

attachment.php

There are a couple of SP105's in there, as well as a Stow branded 795 cut off saw. I really need to spend a little time cleaning the bottom of the rest to see what they really are.

Mark

MS440 (almost done)

028 (carb issues)

Craftsman/Poulan 3700, hard it running great and now it has carb issues/hard to start, thinking carb kit is needed.

MS460 for my work (av bushings, etc)

076 for my work, gonna bring some vintage muscle back for stumping

Husky 350 with 346 topend, first kit lost a wrist pin clip:cry:

036, looking for a cylinder

015 with oiler issues (has me stumped and frustrated right now)

And a bunch of other junk including a few motorcycles.

I ordered a couple of things from Stihl and Dolmar - nothing major though. I've spent a few bucks this mid-late winter on some saws - t'is time to kinda pull back for a wee little while.

By June though.... oh my I don't wanna think about the brand new toys and projects I'll have going on as far as the saws go. It's gonna be horrible. :cheers:

I've got a 288 basket case thats almost finished up (waiting on crank seals)
Two more 288 baskets that'll be here tomorrow :)
Husky 55 that needs a piston
2 281's I need to diagnose for my uncle
Also he dropped off 3 2100 basket cases he wants put back to work :dizzy:
A mac 790 and a 250 needing some TLC
Still looking for starter and clutch covers for my homy 650
And a 750 I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever get to
Echo cs 650 still needing a few parts
Husky 395 needing the carb AV mount replaced
An L65 I got off ebay thats just waiting to be looked at
a 162-266 project... and one other 266 project

:monkey:

And all this has been on hold cause I bought a 98 chev that needs a new engine. Then I can sell it for money to help support my CAD :greenchainsaw:

A PITA Toro S-200 snowblower....... carbs been through the ultrasonic cleaner a couple times and a carb kit. Still only runs on choke. If anyone has expertise on these machines I'm open to suggestions.

Once again, You WIN! :cheers:

No room on the bench right now, when I get back next month I need to go through this lot to see what I have and what to do with it all:

attachment.php

attachment.php

There are a couple of SP105's in there, as well as a Stow branded 795 cut off saw. I really need to spend a little time cleaning the bottom of the rest to see what they really are.

Mark

Back