Whats on your bench this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, that thing is fast. How many horsies do you have going through that driveline?

I got my 84 Mad Max from 5-60 in 7 seconds... has no chance...

The 97 Burb, I will have to make a video of it. Completely stock, except for a throttle body spacer and K&N intake. It sounds awesome. :) It's a 2wd... the other day, I got her to squeal. Still plenty strong with 205,000 miles and counting. :) Trans rebuild, A/C system repaired, and still less into it than what was paid for it. That is priceless. :)

I've not had it on a dyno, but I'm hoping close to 500 at the crank. 400 RWHP would be great. She'll break the rear 33s loose at 20 and try to spin them until it shifts into 2nd.

It is a ball to drive it has great streetability. I can stomp gt's, hemis, srt 4 neons. Ls1 camero will out run it though. Im still running stock injectors and stock turbo. So there is plenty of room for more. I plan on alot of fuel, twins, and nitrous.

Its really a fun toy, its actually about to be my weekend cruiser since im getting a little truck for daily driving.

I wonder how a 300 hp turbo 2200 pound VW would do against your truck. It'd be fun, that's for sure. :)

Got any vids?

The cat's ass would be to out accelerate a Ferrari Enzo with that truck... :D

As for the twin turbo and more fuel idea, you'll probably need air lockers front and rear, and have the 4wd engaged to get that thing to launch and hook up well. Also, stronger trans, driveshafts, and possibly axles.

4WD is seriously required to launch it now. As soon as I take off, I push 2WD and it comes out of 4WD when it shifts into 2nd gear. I was hesitant to try it but found out lots of guys do it with no problems. Some trucks won't come out of 4x4 though. The gains from the 4x4 launch exceed the loss from drag.

I've not had it on a dyno, but I'm hoping close to 500 at the crank. 400 RWHP would be great. She'll break the rear 33s loose at 20 and try to spin them until it shifts into 2nd.

Wow. I wanna drive it. :D

A while back, I got to drive my dad's friend's 1970 Corvette. He built that thing up to put out about 425 hp. It hauls. FAST. Handling is amazing, it's right there and responds to the smallest input. Side pipes, and all, looks nice, just needs some paint. (also the PO painted the chrome bumpers...wtf?)

He said one day he pulled up next to a new Roush Mustang at a traffic light, and smoked the guy. The guy in the Mustang was pissed and double flipped him off, lol. :D Six miles to the gallon... ouch. Edelbrock goodies... cost about 4500 bucks for everything he needed to rebuild it, minus his own sweat equity. He said when you pull a 350, get the block # and call Edelbrock up... tell them how much power you're looking for and they'll put a kit together for you.

I hope we don't get in trouble for hijacking the thread, lol.

:arg:

Wow. I wanna drive it. :D

A while back, I got to drive my dad's friend's 1970 Corvette. He built that thing up to put out about 425 hp. It hauls. FAST. Handling is amazing, it's right there and responds to the smallest input. Side pipes, and all, looks nice, just needs some paint. (also the PO painted the chrome bumpers...wtf?)

He said one day he pulled up next to a new Roush Mustang at a traffic light, and smoked the guy. The guy in the Mustang was pissed and double flipped him off, lol. :D Six miles to the gallon... ouch. Edelbrock goodies... cost about 4500 bucks for everything he needed to rebuild it, minus his own sweat equity. He said when you pull a 350, get the block # and call Edelbrock up... tell them how much power you're looking for and they'll put a kit together for you.

I hope we don't get in trouble for hijacking the thread, lol.

:arg:

The 70's vette prolly had 411 gear in back where ford put in 308 gears to keep the drive train under the mustang and keep warranty work down.

I wonder how a 300 hp turbo 2200 pound VW would do against your truck. It'd be fun, that's for sure. :)

Got any vids?

The cat's ass would be to out accelerate a Ferrari Enzo with that truck... :D

As for the twin turbo and more fuel idea, you'll probably need air lockers front and rear, and have the 4wd engaged to get that thing to launch and hook up well. Also, stronger trans, driveshafts, and possibly axles.
My truck is 2wd, i showed you the track vid i also have a dyno one as well
YouTube - Dyno Day at Allstar Transmissions
Heres right after i put the Hot rod vp 44 injection pump on. The added timing of the fuel makes it lope along with the Quadzilla adrenaline. This was about a year ago.
http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i...current=Cumminslope003.mp4&mediafilter=videos

I have a built trans with a billet single disc converter, cryo'd input shaft, shift kit, suncoast billet master rebuild kit, etc. It also has a lock up switch that i hit once i hit 2nd gear. The slicks help with the launch i hardly spin, but the torque management kills my times.
I also have these that i built
DSCN1958.jpg

Heres the engine bay....
valvecover004.jpg

4WD is seriously required to launch it now. As soon as I take off, I push 2WD and it comes out of 4WD when it shifts into 2nd gear. I was hesitant to try it but found out lots of guys do it with no problems. Some trucks won't come out of 4x4 though. The gains from the 4x4 launch exceed the loss from drag.
Theres hardly any drag with 4x4 engaged....You would need a line lock to launch that truck as effective as a diesel. We can spool up and its instant power. The gasser is laggy compared to us spooled up. I have killed a few 6.0 chevys but most of them had headers, and a tune. My torque just kills the 6.0s off the line. Nice truck btw i seen it in a few vids of yours and i thought it was sharp looking i thought it was a dmax at first:msp_tongue:

Last edited:
I WISH it was a DMax! I've got a Yank billet single disc convertor in mine, but the 60E is not built. I've only got a shift kit and aluminum accumulator pistons in it. I try not to abuse it too much, lol.

Last edited:
I WISH it was a DMax! I've got a Yank billet single disc convertor in mine, but the 60E is not built. I've only got a shift kit and aluminum accumulator pistons in it. I try not to abuse it too much, lol.

I think its cool that you actually built a gasser. Its all diesels now, i like to see those 6.0s built. Whats all done to it?

Here's Work Saw Collector's 066 Flat Top. I got it all apart, everything cleaned up, and new bearings in the case. Unfortunately, I still don't have the right case gasket. I've got 5 or 6 of the longer ones but none for the older shorter case. Oh well, I need to order a new piston and a few other odds and ends. I heated the case halves and both bearings fell all the way home without any extra persuasion. That's the way I like it.

1262628756_T7RnwsP-M.jpg

1262628901_DmcD5qK-M.jpg

1262629086_wHgFDWK-M.jpg

1262628564_WMSZL7B-M.jpg

The 70's vette prolly had 411 gear in back where ford put in 308 gears to keep the drive train under the mustang and keep warranty work down.

Not so sure about that.
I have 2 69 mustangs, One came with 3.91's
and the other with 4.30's from the factory.
Also have 2 70 Torino's both with 4.30's
from the factory.

Lee

Latest posts

Back