what's on your bench?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sachsmo

sachsmo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Same stuff,

A nice Sachs Dolmar 120 super came in , and the ol Mac hot saw has to wait.
I had her together last night, and counld not find the carb top plate.

I searched everywhere to no avail.

The parts box was double walled and when shook you could hear a part in there.

I found a lone needle bearing!

sachsmo

sachsmo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Aint gonna rush it, saw is about back to where I was last night.

I did take the opportunity to plug the compression release.

attachment.php

Guess i will reflect on the matter tonight, and give it the final push in the morning.

Last edited:
Paul001

Paul001

Addicted to ArboristSite
(2) 044's
(2) 038 Mag II's
(1) 020T
(1) BG 86
(1) HT 75
(1) HT 101

Yes the bench is a mess but I'm doing a batch build, sorta. All the above are pre-sold and I need to get them finished by Tuesday. Everything is cleaned, parts are pulled, just need to toss em all back together and dial em in.

sachsmo

sachsmo

Addicted to ArboristSite
That Mac has one of those two pole aluminum cased points eliminator thingys.

Anyone have the diagram of, or a brief explanation of which lead goes where?

attachment.php

Wildman1024

Wildman1024

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Sachsmo, the positive wire on the module goes to the coil. The same terminal as the kill switch and the points/condenser went to. The negative just goes right to ground. I usually attach the ground wire with the same screw I use to attach the module to the saw.

Eccentric

Eccentric

Mister Wizard
Let's see....

Right now there's a McCulloch 77 stripped way down. On the way out to put the carb diaphragms and such back in it, cut a couple of gaskets, and button it all back together.

Next to that is TWO McCulloch 790's (well RandyMac's IS a 790, mine is as of yet possitively unidenified). Gonna pull the muffler on mine and do the 'popsicle stick' pecission bore measurement method to see if it is in fact a 790. Then I'll swap the bar over to Randy's 790 and will see if it lights off.

Behind them is a somewhat stripped McCulloch 200 carcass. Not much going on with that. It's giving up the LH starter, and flywheel to my "790" so I can make a "790L".

Next to it is the 'barn fresh' Homelite Super-XL12 that my buddy gave me yesterday. Going to de-scuzz it a bit, drain/flush/refill the tank, spritz the carb with some mix, then see if it lights off too.

That's my afternoon at 'the saw bench'...:givebeer:

Just finished this one up the other day.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Boy Mark........................that saw doesn't look at all like they copied the XL12. No way......:ices_rofl:

Last edited:
Eccentric

Eccentric

Mister Wizard
Picked this up for 30 dollars, runs fine, just hard to start, gonna start with plug fuel filter and air filter, clean up carb.

I have a 'crunched' Echo CS451VL with a great P/C and many other good parts. No chain. May have an 18" or 20" bar for it. The saw's yours if you want it. Just pay shipping. I'll look for the bar if you want as well...:givebeer:

heimannm
I am waiting for the carburetor kit for the Homelite 410 to arrive so I finished the Dolmar 166 / McCulloch SP118 as far as I could. It started sort of by surprise as I was trying to see if the carburetor (with new diaphragms installed) would pump fuel, I hadn't installed the muffler yet, that saw is loud and pumps out some serious pressure, cleared everything in front of it from the bench.

Since you asked, I am looking for the "brake spring" for the starter 113 166 081 and o-rings for the manual oiler.

attachment.php

Mark

Chris J.

Chris J.

Addicted to ArboristSite
What's the story on the Titan? I have a 57 that I kind of like...

Mark

Mark, I'm clearing out a few of my projects. I bought the Titan 40 as a project, but have since learned that chasing down parts for old saws sometimes isn't much fun. I had it out today to photograph it, had forgotten how dirty it was, I did get some photos but only after spending a lot of time cleaning it. I need to tear into it further to check it over more thoroughly. It probably has more value in parts than whole.

In the next couple of days I'm going to update one of my old threads with new photos.

Latest posts