What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "Old Blue" version is a darker, non-metallic blue. All this one needs is a clutch cover.

View attachment 1100535

View attachment 1100536

This one hasn't made it to the bench yet, still on the shelves awaiting its turn.

Mark
If they have a good ignition that's about half the battle. Of my recent 5 Super XLs I think only one of them has spark. Can't really complain, they were given to me..

Cleaned up a couple more Mono saws today to move into the display.

This is a Mono branded O&R...runs on prime...

20230729_154825.jpg

20230729_154834.jpg

This is a Mono 660, direct drive saw with the Power Products 5.8 In3 engine. Very low hours but stored in horrible conditions for many years. I did not pop the flywheel to access the points so no spark. Remarkably clean inside.

20230729_165939.jpg

20230729_165949.jpg

For some reason they equipped it with that same odd, short spark plug found on the BP-1 and some Homelite XL12 models.

20230729_170013.jpg

Mark

All you need to do is unplug the fuel injector. This is a tri-fuel kit so natural gas, propane, gasoline. When you wanna switch back to gasoline just plug the injector back in.
Well that's easy! Wasn't sure if for some reason having the injector disconnected would throw a "code" or cause it to not want to run. Or maybe they designed it with alternate fuel conversion planned...

Well, of the 5 XL12 and Super XL saws I finally put together one which will probably run. I may have a pic of the ugly thing later. I put a little fuel in the carburetor and it popped a few times. Being greedy, I'm gonna try to make one other runner if possible. The XL12 saws that didn't have any spark might not need a coil if they have points, which I haven't checked yet. It's gonna be close whether I get another saw out of this mess because about all these saws need the same things.

The plant manager where I work is bringing me a Husqy saw to look at. A coworker has a power screed for concrete with a Mantis tiller style engine for tune up and fuel lines. I am still trying to find the fuel leak on that Homelite Old Blu..... if it even has 1!

My SW-51 project has been on the back burner. Got bearings and seals in case halves, stuck the crank in the FW side and that's where she sits...... poor thing.....

1691181950957.png

Latest posts

Back