What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long till pistons take on this shape in saws. Even a DLC coated pin. Makes the chainsaw pistons look like card board junk.. they kinda are

Attachments

• 20221219_193106.jpg
    20221219_193106.jpg
    970.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221219_193206.jpg
    20221219_193206.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Wiseco isnt any wear near the class of piston as wossner and cp wiseco also known for tolerances floating all over the place.
Though that could be a good thing if you measure bore. Order a handfull of wiseco measure pistons and keep a pair that best fit that bore.

How long till pistons take on this shape in saws. Even a DLC coated pin. Makes the chainsaw pistons look like card board junk.. they kinda are
Hopefully never, as I don't want a 4 stroke chainsaw!! The piston Huskstihl put in my 372 was a quality piece so good ones are out there. Cj

I said id never ride a 4 stroke. Apparently that changed I now ride a 22 kx450 and well I got used to it, came off old kx250s from the 2000s.

For what its worth I realy dont think saw quality is that great. Oem to wiseco dominant or whatever its called

Tolerances loose ports rough unfinished. saws all around lack of care put into them. Just enough to yank money from our wallets

Then hobbyiest compete to buy same saws that others use to make a living further decreases quality.

**** were talking pistons

Pictured that piston is good to 9500 rpm Well I guess thats what valve train and all is good for.
Bout 60hp machine

Notice the piston description almost always say for "Racing". Would you need it for a daily driver? No. Could it be bad ass and impressive with the proper matching machine work worth bragging rights? Maybe. Cost worth it to most firewood cutters? Probably not!

This has been on my “bench” for 3 days. Waiting for parts, trouble shooting. Started off with no start from cab, traced to a blown fuse. Next starter solenoid clicking, bendix froze. New starter in, no power to starter! Bad solenoid from battery. Also had to clean carb to get it to recoil start. Get it running from recoil, conveyor stuck, that’s freed, now back to installing new solenoid, a couple wires and terminals. The plow wanted to join the fun so I had to order a new valve. Can’t really complain, plow is 20 years old as is the salter and this is the most I’ve done to them in the 10 years I’ve been here.BDEF80AD-9A0E-4815-AE4B-4F3AC31A3B60.jpegBC533869-4C0F-471F-8FD4-269B82135CA6.jpeg07583690-4CB0-459C-BD5B-FE6216AFAA24.jpegC71F71E4-8976-4909-9232-EA5706EE582F.jpeg

I said id never ride a 4 stroke. Apparently that changed I now ride a 22 kx450 and well I got used to it, came off old kx250s from the 2000s.

For what its worth I realy dont think saw quality is that great. Oem to wiseco dominant or whatever its called

Tolerances loose ports rough unfinished. saws all around lack of care put into them. Just enough to yank money from our wallets

Then hobbyiest compete to buy same saws that others use to make a living further decreases quality.

**** were talking pistons
A piston is a 4st dirt bike is basically a ring holder at best. Heck that is about the same as the diamond pistons in my big block, expensive ring holders! I quit riding 4 stroke dirt bikes 2 years ago, I was faster on them but didn't have as much fun. Back on 250 2 strokes. Cj

Latest posts

Back